Talk

Advanced search

Update on Yellow Jelly Babies saga

(15 Posts)
ABitStretched Mon 08-Jun-09 17:19:16

Last Wednesday I had the devastating experience of finding all but one of my Jelly Babies were yellow!!!!
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/ami_beingunreasonable/766819-AIBU-to-be-devatsed-to-find-that-in-the -packet

Following the advice of other MN's I contacted Cadbury's to inform themthey had breached my human rights and was seeking 1 bag of JB's in compensation. i am pleased to report that I received a very serious letter from Cadbury's today telling me that rarely a fault with the machinary means a good mix of colours is not achieved in the packet and attached as a £2.50 voucher. Went to local supermarket and 600g boxes of JB's were reduced from £3.70 to £2 so I got a huge box of JBs and a packet of choc buttons with my voucher and I am now a very happy bunny. I'd like to thank you all for your support during that traumatic time last week :-)

Lizzylou Mon 08-Jun-09 17:20:08

OOh, think I may try this scam grin

girlandboy Mon 08-Jun-09 17:20:41

Well come on then, share them out.grin

Well done by the way.

ABitStretched Mon 08-Jun-09 17:25:56

Thanks - if you're bored one evening I recommend contacting favourite brands customer services with funny complaint / gushing praise. Last month I got £3 from Bernard Matthews :-)

NetworkNanniesSurrey Mon 08-Jun-09 17:49:05

Another victory for the down-trodden consumer! Good for you.

I asked a snack company for some free samples once and got a large box of pork scratchings back from them. I was not sure if i should have been delighted or insulted.

GrimmaTheNome Mon 08-Jun-09 17:54:32

I had a friend who bought a pack of 3 Walnut Whips, one of which was defective (2 good). She sent the bad one back, and received another 3 pack. One of which was defective (2 good)... this went on for a few more iterations before she became sick of the things as the stockpile grew.

girlandboy Mon 08-Jun-09 17:56:16

How can you have a defective Walnut Whip?

No walnut?

No whip?

Oh god, the intrigue...........

NetworkNanniesSurrey Mon 08-Jun-09 18:01:41

Could you have a legitimate complaint if you had a chestnut on there instead? hmm

MIAonline Mon 08-Jun-09 18:08:54

pmsl @ girlandboy

I am pleased that you got some compensation for the trauma you suffered, can see the ad now..

Had a trip, accident, fall at work?
Had a defective packet of jelly babies?
Call us now, compo4u on 0800 ...

lambanana Mon 08-Jun-09 20:07:18

a sweet result!

tallulahbelly Mon 08-Jun-09 20:18:34

Can you do it the other way round and complain there aren't enough black ones in there?

They used to make Walnut Whips with a walnut on the tops and in the bottom.

They don't do that any more. And they seem to have stopped making coffee ones. sad

FabulousBakerGirl Mon 08-Jun-09 20:19:57

Bernard Matthews voucher?

Wouldn't want one of those tbh. Awful.

Hormonesnomore Mon 08-Jun-09 20:26:59

I complained to Birds Eye about awful fish fingers & they sent me £3 in vouchers.

I complained about a crap meal in a Table Table & they sent £25 in leisure vouchers.

I complained to Cineworld that the film was too loud & got 4 complimentary tickets.

I am a serial very effective complainer!

To be fair, if a meal's very good or the service excellent, I will praise effusively (they don't give you vouchers for that though)

ABitStretched Tue 09-Jun-09 14:46:19

FabulousBakerGirl - thanks for taking the time to pop onto this thread and take the pee - I really appreciate it and I'm sure its made you feel both big and clever. People like you have really put me off MN. I quit it 6 months ago because of all the stirrers. Looks like its time to jack it in altogether.

FabulousBakerGirl Tue 09-Jun-09 16:04:39

Well, I am sorry you have taken it in a way I definitely didn't mean.

I think BM food is awful but everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now