Talk

Advanced search

to run around the streets and scream VOTE TOMORROW

(47 Posts)
Noonki Wed 03-Jun-09 21:31:37

or else there is a real possibilty the BNP might actually get a seat.

So even if you are pissed off with all of the MPs and main parties go and vote for somone.

(unless of course you are a BNP voter in which case this is just a reminder that the election is held on fridays smile )

2shoes Wed 03-Jun-09 21:45:42

yanbu
but please twll me who to vote for as I have not got a clue

runawayquickly Wed 03-Jun-09 21:49:32

YANBU - I wish everyone would just get out there and do it. My M-I-L is registered at our address (she's at new dp's recently) and I reminded her last night she should vote over our way. I felt like getting on my bleedin' hustings when she said she 'wasn't bothered'.

I am not political at all, really, but one thing I will always do is use my vote. Cliche, but think that years ago women died to make this happen. How can we be so complacent? It's important to do it. Take your kids and explain the process - they love all that 'secret balllot' stuff!

messageinabottle Wed 03-Jun-09 21:50:40

do I need a voting card?
I haven't got one, I usually get one

Lemontart Wed 03-Jun-09 21:52:15

Keep bumping this one

I heard several mums in playground saying that they were so disgusted with all the recent scandal that it put them off bothering.. I really hope this is not indicative and that, if anything, recent events spurs people on to consider their choices carefully and make informed choices.

Lemontart Wed 03-Jun-09 21:52:59

messageinabottle - I have cards for DH and myself

Noonki Wed 03-Jun-09 21:53:13

2shoes - anyone other than the BNP or UKIP in my opinion (OKay at the Tories but tbh even they are better than the other options)

Haribosmummy Wed 03-Jun-09 21:53:14

Oh go on... I could do with the entertainment!!!

FWIW, I will be voting and won't be voting BNP (but I'd still like you to run up and down our road shouting vote vote vote please!)

zanz1bar Wed 03-Jun-09 21:54:14

you don't need a voting card, take ID and vote.

can you make a difference....yes you can!

Noonki Wed 03-Jun-09 21:54:20

messageinabottle - you don't need your card as long as you are registered smile and they are open til 10pm normally.

messageinabottle Wed 03-Jun-09 21:54:56

oh dear, I thought it was odd that we haven't received one

Anyone else NOT have a card? Maybe I can just pop down to the usual polling station and explain

messageinabottle Wed 03-Jun-09 21:55:34

x-post
will def go down there

Noonki Wed 03-Jun-09 21:55:37

also if like me you forgot to postal vote you can take your postal vote to a polling station and hand it in tomorrow.

messageinabottle Wed 03-Jun-09 21:56:12

lol zanz1bar

FloraPost Wed 03-Jun-09 22:00:31

Message, you don't need to explain not having your card or even give ID. Just tell the clerk your name and they cross you off the register. If you want to, you can phone electoral services at your local council beforehand and they will tell you your polling number.

messageinabottle Wed 03-Jun-09 22:02:46

ty

I'll probably phone them tomorrow anyway and ask why I didn't get my card?

scrappydappydoo Wed 03-Jun-09 22:03:19

Noonki - I've just started a post asking where I can find info on who i can vote for and what their policies are? can you help? cheers

AbricotsSecs Wed 03-Jun-09 22:05:29

Message withdrawn

diedandgonetodevon Wed 03-Jun-09 22:07:44

YANBU shockingly the turnout for local and euro elections is only 30-40% shock.

Noonki Wed 03-Jun-09 22:10:07

scrappy - i will try and find out inbetween running up and down my apathetic street!

runawayquickly Wed 03-Jun-09 22:12:32

I know that my local BBC news site has details of candidates - you could try there?
I once was a clerk on polling day and lots of people turned up with nothing more than their name and address - sure it would be good to take some ID but bet you won't be asked. I do also remember people turning up twice hmm saying their mate/sister/neighbour couldn't make it down so they'd do it instead. Honestly. I loves those ones, made a very boring job a bit more entertaining as the police on duty had a quiet word grin

giraffesCantRunA10k Wed 03-Jun-09 22:14:37

I am going to vote purely to ensure BNP dont get in. Still not sure who to vote for. hmm But I figure that strategic voting is better than no vote.

Will there be people standing outside the school handing out leaflets? I may just tell them to persuade me and make them debate it out.

howtotellmum Wed 03-Jun-09 22:17:08

Please vote- women died so that you could!

mololoko Wed 03-Jun-09 22:42:04

our Green MEP's great.

bumpity bump.

Noonki Wed 03-Jun-09 22:44:37

Struggling to find an informative site of all the candidates can anyone else help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now