Page 2 | To ask what the heck I can buy DH for birthday?

(38 Posts)
polkadotpjs Sat 12-Sep-20 15:51:12

He away on the morning of his birthday so I'd like to give him gifts to open there but what gifts?
He's into music hugely, cycling (recent events have made him into a bike guy sadly), but has all the smelly stuff and toiletries he needs, clothes ditto, music gear likewise
Any ideas? I thought about a nice pillow as he loves his sleep, but cannot think of anything else. Bike themed gift? That's not a gift set or gift specific item. He's not into personalised shizzle either. Likes wine and beer a lot but his beer taste is very narrow
Help!!

OP’s posts: |
Dilbertian Sat 12-Sep-20 18:13:49

How about an Old Guys Rule bicycle t-shirt?

polkadotpjs Sat 12-Sep-20 18:28:51

Ooh I lobe that sub but a bit too much. We spend around £50...bugger

polkadotpjs Sat 12-Sep-20 18:29:23

Love not lobe. I do not lower my ears into beer

CaveMum Sat 12-Sep-20 18:31:07

What about an experience of some kind? I now tell DH not to buy me “things” (unless I specifically ask for them), so instead we buy things like spa days, a baking course, magazine subscriptions to hobbies, etc.

CaveMum Sat 12-Sep-20 18:31:58

Oh yes and also the booze/food subscription boxes. I got The Gin Club for my birthday this year 😁

polkadotpjs Sat 12-Sep-20 20:40:57

Now I would bloody love gin club. Can I buy it him in the guise of a gift? But I keep it? He's pissed me right off today so I'm leaning towards not giving a toss now

Advertisement

polkadotpjs Sat 12-Sep-20 20:43:22

Are there any vouchers to be had for food/ gin gifts?

Sootikinstew Sat 12-Sep-20 20:55:14

If your stuck for 'big' ideas (or cash, as we often are) I would do lots of small ones.

For DH in a wrapped shoebox I would put;

-Turkish delight and retro sweets
-A naughty trinket of some kind for him to keep (something like those little plastic credit cards you get in gift shops with rude things on them 😂 or one of those pens where the lady's clothes come off when you tip it upside down)
-A keyring with an up to date photo of me and DC.
-A love letter
-Some vouchers for massages/blow jobs ect
-A new t-shirt with whatever he is currently into most on it (or the old favourites themes like favourite movie or guitar/band)
-Something he can make (zombie origami was a bit one year)
-A birthday card themed on one of our current 'in jokes'

But then, we are like teenagers in love 😂☺️

ExiledInDonny Sat 12-Sep-20 22:46:39

You say he's away on the morning of his birthday? If possible, can you show up the evening before and spend the night or the morning itself . . . . . lycra clad (cycling link, obviously!)? Some of us really dont want "things" bought for us but just to see our favourite lass. I'd be happy with the surprise!

Desperado24 Sat 12-Sep-20 22:51:40

If he likes music and is working from home then these are superb.

Lovely portable speaker and a really good speaker phone.

www.bang-olufsen.com/en/speakers/beosound-a1

polkadotpjs Sat 12-Sep-20 22:55:25

@Exiled I think he'd be bloody horrified if I showed up in Lycra and ruined his lovely birthday gift to himself of 3 days away from us

rwalker Sat 12-Sep-20 22:57:48

Do you live anywhere near a velodrome I know London, Manchester and Glasgow have one fantastic experience
Only been to Manchester think about £20 bike hire hour track time and tuition as well

Brigante9 Sat 12-Sep-20 22:57:59

Ask him what he wants?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in