Talk

Advanced search

Do you think Dominic Cummings broke lockdown rules?

(118 Posts)
KenDodd Tue 26-May-20 22:57:43

Quick poll.
Yabu = yes, he broke the rules
Yanbu = no, he didn't break the rules.

OP’s posts: |
OliviaPopeRules Tue 26-May-20 22:58:32

Third option - just don't care and sick of hearing about it!

IFancyANamechange Tue 26-May-20 22:58:34

Yes.

Why another thread about this?

Merename Tue 26-May-20 22:58:54

You’ve no poll button. But you don’t need one, is the pope catholic?

Lostvoiced Tue 26-May-20 22:59:36

Of course he did. So blatantly that I can't believe how they're trying to defend him.

Clearly they think the public are idiots.

It would be funny if it weren't so concerning.

Unusualusernames Tue 26-May-20 22:59:47

I think the saying is something about bears shitting in the woods?

StoneofDestiny Tue 26-May-20 22:59:52

Of course he did!

PurpleDaisies Tue 26-May-20 22:59:57

You gov did a poll on this. 71% of people think he broke the rules.

EustaciaPieface Tue 26-May-20 23:00:31

YES. YES. YES.

Because he did, again and again and again.

Unusualusernames Tue 26-May-20 23:00:43

Or should I say bluebelled filled woods that definitely weren't public and he was testing his eyes grin

MrsPworkingmummy Tue 26-May-20 23:01:13

The government rules stated "Essential travel does not include visits to second homes, camp sites, caravan parks or similar, whether for isolation purposes or holidays. People must remain in their primary residence. Not taking these steps puts additional pressure on communities and services that are already at risk."

He did the exact opposite. So yes, he broke the rules.

peoplepleaser1 Tue 26-May-20 23:01:12

Yes

cardibach Tue 26-May-20 23:01:35

Yes. Forget whether he was allowed to drive somewhere else to isolate. He went home from work to his wife who had symptoms she feared were covid. He should have immediately isolated for 14 days. He didn’t. He went back to work. Ah, you say, maybe he concluded it wasn’t covid as she had no cough and at that stage of the game we didn’t know about the other symptoms. Righto. So why was he frightened that he and she would both become incapacitated with the covid that she did not have and need to drive for their ‘exceptional’ childcare? One or the other is a breach of the rules.
The drive to Barnard Castle is also a breach, whatever bogus eye sight bollocks you dress it up with.

KenDodd Tue 26-May-20 23:03:02

Why another thread about this?

I didn't see one asking this question. I did look. The reason I posted is because the ministers of government are unanimously saying repeatedly that he DID NOT break any rules. The public don't seem to think that (maybe it's just the press) I wanted to have a poll.

cosytoaster Tue 26-May-20 23:05:04

100% yes and his story's a load of bullshit

Agirlcalled Tue 26-May-20 23:08:19

Um - yes. Along with most of the country. He has done incalculable damage.

my2bundles Tue 26-May-20 23:08:35

He abused a clause in the guidelines meant for vulnerable and children to being ableto leave the home if they where living in an abusive situation. It was never intended for normal childcare. The man is a despicable snake.

sleepingpup Tue 26-May-20 23:09:20

his story is a joke.

parietal Tue 26-May-20 23:09:32

There are 2 slightly different things

1) the Guidance - isolate at home, don't travel etc. He definitely broke this

2) the Law - you may only leave your house with a 'reasonable excuse'. Not clear if he broke this.

But given 99% of normal people managed to stick to the guidance, then he should still be resigning.

KaronAVyrus Tue 26-May-20 23:10:14

Yes, he broke the rules but there are now so many threads about it that Mumsnet should start their own Dominic Cummings section.

Sadie789 Tue 26-May-20 23:11:07

I was just thinking this topic hasn’t been discussed nearly enough, and we really could do with another quick poll about it.

Sparklingbrook Tue 26-May-20 23:11:24

OliviaPopeRules

Third option - just don't care and sick of hearing about it!

This

Notmyrealname855 Tue 26-May-20 23:13:15

Of course he did. The rule of law doesn’t apply to him apparently, didn’t you get the memo?

If the guidelines weren’t law, what were the police told to enforce.

If Cummings didn’t break the guidelines, why doesn’t he literally pull up the highlighted section of the guidelines that sets out exactly the caveat he’s using? And then re-explain the stupid trip to that castle place on his wife’s birthday.

I’m not bored of accountability. I’m bored of the lack of accountability and fairness.

purpleme12 Tue 26-May-20 23:13:46

Yes

But to be honest the way they handled it all bothers me more than him actually breaking the rules

KenDodd Tue 26-May-20 23:14:01

another quick poll about it
I did look for a poll, couldn't see one on MN.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in