Talk

Advanced search

So how did you become vegetarian?

(51 Posts)
AmIVeggieNow Sun 24-Feb-19 01:57:42

Obviously not an aibu but posting here for traffic.

So I made a bet for to stop eating meat for 5 days. It’s day 6 today and I haven’t cracked. Usually I eat meat most days, save a few days a month when we have salmon or other fish. I didn’t think I’d be make to make it for full 5 days but here I am! Not even craving meat. On the contrary, my body feels good. Probably psychological but I feel less sluggish. I have actually enjoyed my meat free meals and want to eat more vegetarian meals than meat-based meals. I might even become vegetarian or pescatarian but it’s early days. I might crave a steak in a little while but right now that does not sound appealing at all.

So all you veggies out there, I’d love to hear how you became vegetarian. Was it a gradual process or did you wake up one morning and decided that’s it, no more bacon rolls! 😀

beargryllshasabigrope Sun 24-Feb-19 23:43:50

I've been slowly eating less meat for a few months now. I keep putting off going fully vegetarian for daft reasons.. eating out might be hard, I like my GMILs roast dinners etc... but after reading through this thread I am going to take the veggie leap as of tomorrow

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »