Talk

Advanced search

What colour front door ?

(51 Posts)
KurriKurri Thu 02-Feb-17 13:05:09

What colour is yours? - I'm repainting mine soon as it got badly scratched by large furniture when we moved in.

Victorian terrace, brick front. House on one side (also brick front) has a wooden door with a large knocker (which I covet) house on other side is rendered front of house is light grey, door is black.

Mine is currently a sort of mid blue.

I fancy maybe a teal colour, or a maroon/burgundy - something a bit different. It's a seaside town so we can get away with a bit of colourfulness.

Any suggestions ? TIA.

formerbabe Thu 02-Feb-17 13:06:15

Mint green!

KurriKurri Thu 02-Feb-17 13:10:34

Mint green is lovely - I'm a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to light coloured front doors - no idea why grin - just because I've always had darker colours (or bright red)

user892 Thu 02-Feb-17 13:21:09

Purple

SavoyCabbage Thu 02-Feb-17 13:27:02

I want teal too. Especially after I went to the Tower of London and the Beefeaters front doors are teal.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Thu 02-Feb-17 13:27:34

Mine is French Grey from F&B (old house but not red brick). I have actually had strangers stop me on my way in to say how great it looks! Only took a small tin and the finish is good despite my amateur paint job, so not that pricey either.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Thu 02-Feb-17 13:28:52

Teal is lovely. I tried it but it didn't work on this house.

I've just got a new composite door and its like a navy blue and looks fab. I really wanted yellow but chickened out

strawberrypenguin Thu 02-Feb-17 13:30:49

I'd say British Racing Green. Or a deep maroon

Cluedough Thu 02-Feb-17 13:31:12

Oh I want a pretty front door. Mines black pvc though sad

AndShesGone Thu 02-Feb-17 13:33:09

I'm going to paint mine bright pink like this (it's the same style of house as the picture so it will look great)

peeinthepotty Thu 02-Feb-17 13:33:18

Mustard yellow

fourquenelles Thu 02-Feb-17 13:33:54

I am moving to this front door (left hand one) and I am going to get internal shutters for the bay window in the same colour. (Fingers crossed etc)

piefacerecords Thu 02-Feb-17 13:34:27

Ooh my mum always used to say a yellow front door indicated a brothel shock

I should really ask her how she knows that...

SparklyUnicornPoo Thu 02-Feb-17 13:34:40

Mines white PVC (yuk)

There's a house up the road with dark purple which looks beautiful.

NavyandWhite Thu 02-Feb-17 13:39:01

Lulworth blue F and B. I love it smile

PinkyPie2012 Thu 02-Feb-17 13:47:36

We have wooden door that is not painted in any colour, just wooden looking. But we are moving to another house soon and it's a black door there. I would really like to paint it some bright colour so it would be easier for people to find where I live when they are coming over or when there is some delivery.

ImNotAFlower Thu 02-Feb-17 13:52:29

Mine is Black- do not buy black it always looks dirty 😡

ExitPursuedBySpartacus Thu 02-Feb-17 14:03:52

We are having a new door made and have chosen pillar box red. But we do live in an old post office so it seems appropriate.

DJBaggySmalls Thu 02-Feb-17 14:06:45

Mine is blue and its really boring. I fancy deep purple.

GoLightlyHollie Thu 02-Feb-17 14:09:33

F&B railings. With chrome door furniture. Don't underestimate door furniture.

KurriKurri Thu 02-Feb-17 14:17:45

I'd never heard of yellow = brothel thing grin

ImNotAFlower - I have found that with black in the past too.

I'm not sure about purple - I love the colour purple, not sure about it as a front door though. Although as DKBaggy says - a very deep purple could look pretty regal (and I like to feel important grin)

I'm very tempted by elaborate decorative door knockers (although not particularly practical - I'd probably need a bell as well.)

It's so hard to know what will work until it is up.I have had a few painting disasters in the past. I should try some sample pots.

Fourquenelles - your house looks lovely (I love my terrace, it is so cosy and roomy - feels like a proper home not just a house) Fingers crossed it all works out for you.smile
I am also toying with the idea of painting the brickwork - I like the white on yours. A lot of the houses on our street have painted fronts.

ThisisrealityGreg Thu 02-Feb-17 14:21:09

Tardis blue. I love it.

thenewaveragebear1983 Thu 02-Feb-17 14:26:26

Mine is very dark blue, in a traditional style with chrome knocker and letter box and 'chantilly' flower pattern glass. Makes me smile every time I come home

Lovemusic33 Thu 02-Feb-17 14:29:56

I have a rubbish council house brown door. I want a shiny red one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now