Talk

Advanced search

to be fuming at the toothpaste in my sink????

(49 Posts)
GourmetChild Wed 28-Dec-16 23:09:34

Loads of guests over Christmas. Left late last night. Load of new guests arrive this morning so I have spent a good part of the last 24 hours cleaning and doing laundry.

I've just gone to brush my teeth and the sink is full of huge lumps of toothpaste that haven't been washed away. I know it's not DH or DC.

AIBU to expect globs of toothpaste to be washed away by the glob creator, especially if you're a guest in someone else's house and especially if you've never stayed there before?!?!

Help with with my fury. I'll never sleep like this!

Rumtopf Wed 28-Dec-16 23:11:36

Fury?
Really?
Tbh I think you're massively over reacting, just spray with bathroom cleaner and wipe off. It's really not worth stressing over.

ScarletForYa Wed 28-Dec-16 23:14:46

Well yabu having two rounds of guests at all....are you mad?

Globular of toothpaste are gross though, but count yourself lucky they didn't spit out toothpaste and mouth gunk all over the tap like my ex used to. Note 'ex'. Filthy animal.

muttermuttergrrr Wed 28-Dec-16 23:14:51

Ffs, get a grip

Allthewaves Wed 28-Dec-16 23:16:01

Fury!? Just wipe with some cleaner, annoying but r u going to drag your guest up to clean it

Pandoraalora Wed 28-Dec-16 23:17:56

OP why don't you send each guest a text message and ask them why they did it?

TheWitTank Wed 28-Dec-16 23:18:01

Run the sink and rinse it round with a cloth -all of 10 seconds work.

PenguinsandPebbles Wed 28-Dec-16 23:19:23

It's annoying, very annoying

DP used to do it, to be fair he can't see a bloody thing without his glasses but he know wipes around the sink

There guests though so what can you do? Make them clear it up or do it yourself annoying but I think to keep the peace you need to suck it up and do it yourself

dollydaydream114 Wed 28-Dec-16 23:21:04

If you can't cope with an inconvenience as normal and minuscule as this, you're not really capable of hosting overnight guests at all tbh.

haveacupoftea Wed 28-Dec-16 23:22:31

YABU.

YWNBU if they had shit in the sink.

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Wed 28-Dec-16 23:23:27

Yuk, I agree, hate it. Do you have to host. Have a rest next year at least.

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 28-Dec-16 23:24:15

The horror grin

YouTheCat Wed 28-Dec-16 23:25:39

Are you sure you're fuming?

Surely you'd be 'fumming' at something so vital.

statetrooperstacey Wed 28-Dec-16 23:27:44

What! It's not normal or minuscule! It's horrible, dirty bastards. If it would only take op 10 seconds it would only take the perpetrator 10 seconds. And in a clean sinkangrythat makes it worse. I would be angry also. I'm with you op.

GourmetChild Wed 28-Dec-16 23:30:58

You lot, you're so mean, but right grin

I know I'm BU. It's just a bit rank. For those worried I'm not made for hosting guests these are my fifth lot just in December and I love it. Love hosting and cooking etc and all the madness with a full house just never had a toothpaste globber before.

Will sleep safe in the knowledge of get to clean the sink again in the morning. Phew fgrin

Vapours Wed 28-Dec-16 23:33:09

Can't believe something so miniscule even under discussion!

e1y1 Wed 28-Dec-16 23:33:46

What! It's not normal or minuscule! It's horrible, dirty bastards. If it would only take op 10 seconds it would only take the perpetrator 10 seconds. And in a clean sink that makes it worse. I would be angry also. I'm with you op.

Me too - bloody disgusting, I'd be furious too OP.

TheWitTank Wed 28-Dec-16 23:33:46

Well yes, of course statetrooper. But to be "fuming" over a a bit of toothpaste in a sink where it can be very easily washed away with minimal effort is an over reaction. It's toothpaste, not hazardous waste or used needles.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Wed 28-Dec-16 23:35:07

I feel your pain. DH's brother lives with us, he has an electric toothbrush which he stands on the bathroom shelf above the sink. I now refuse to clean the shelf because he doesn't rinse his brush properly, so when he stands it on the shelf, all the white toothpasty water trickles down his brush and onto the shelf, leaving a white puddle that dries into a chalky mess fangry he was used to being babied when he lived at MILs so I refuse to carry that on here. He actually gets her to come to our house to change his bedding fhmm

I notice that everytime his girlfriend comes over, the mess gets wiped away...

Vapours Wed 28-Dec-16 23:38:00

Fgs! Run the tap, quick wipe, done. Accept that some people do leave bits of mess behind, get on with life.

statetrooperstacey Wed 28-Dec-16 23:41:55

No no no, that's not right. It can indeed be easily washed, that's not the point, it's the going through life leaving your crap for someone else to deal with, in my mind it's the sane as throwing a crisp packet out the car window or leaving a buttery knife and crumbs on the work top and tralalaing off. Just NO. It's disrespectful. They may as well have written " fuck you and your clean sink"on the mirror in toothpaste.

TheWitTank Wed 28-Dec-16 23:43:37

hmmgrin ok!

RB68 Wed 28-Dec-16 23:48:50

Don't ever run a guest house is all I am saying - oh and be grateful it was toothpaste...

OH was staying in a nameless hotel in a nameless town and was confronted by a turd in the shower....

Vapours Wed 28-Dec-16 23:50:08

But there will always be people like that. Wherever you go, whatever you do, selfish non thinking people exist!

Vapours Wed 28-Dec-16 23:53:46

My post was about the toothpaste, not the turd, btw. Bleugh! Was just about to bite my toast! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now