Talk

Advanced search

birthday

(10 Posts)
BirthdayForgotten Mon 25-Jan-16 07:20:59

So, on Saturday it was my 50th. I took cakes into work on Friday as is the custom. On Saturday night I logged on to FB and had not one birthday wish from anybody. I make a point of always sending a birthday message when FB comes up and tells me it is someone's birthday.
AIBU to be a bit upset by this?

treacledan71 Mon 25-Jan-16 07:32:57

Was it no birthday wishes off anyone at all or just work friends? It could be thst your birthday is not registered on there so a reminder does not come up.hope u had a good day anyway x

BikeRunSki Mon 25-Jan-16 07:36:50

Is your account set up to notify people of your birthday? Sounds like you may not have activated/input your birthday. Not sure of the terminology/process but it can be done. Or have you tried to beat IT security by putting in a different date of birth?

BirthdayForgotten Mon 25-Jan-16 07:37:00

Just work colleagues.

BirthdayForgotten Mon 25-Jan-16 07:38:00

Other people saw it was my birthday, DH could see it and so could DS. People can post on my timeline.

NerrSnerr Mon 25-Jan-16 07:43:02

Did they wish happy birthday to your face on Friday? Did they get you a card or anything? I wouldn't say happy birthday on FB to someone I had already wished it to, why say it twice?

BikeRunSki Mon 25-Jan-16 07:44:12

Maybe they weren't on FB over the weekend? Maybe they feel an FB friendship with a collegue is inappropriate (I am deliberately not FB friends with anyone I work with).

Collaborate Mon 25-Jan-16 07:48:06

Maybe I'm just a curmudgeonly old bugger, but I never wish anyone a happy birthday on Facebook. I think it's so tacky. It's nothing personal, but perhaps shows your Facebook friends have better taste than you give them credit for.

theycallmemellojello Mon 25-Jan-16 08:01:26

Didn't they see you in work?? You only message someone on fb if you don't see them.

birthdayforgotten Mon 25-Jan-16 12:27:04

Nobody said anything on Friday when I took the cakes in, another colleague and I share a birthday and he got birthday wishes on FB so they were online, sorry to have drip fed, I've been out all morning. Anyway, it's one of those things, I was just pissed off earlier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now