Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Not Helping out, DH is tired.

(49 Posts)
birdboo Wed 23-Dec-15 21:25:17

I had a surgery 2 weeks ago. I'm back on my feet but only just and due to go back to work on the 27th. DH has done a 6 hour shift today (his last until the 27th too). He has left me with all the housework and Christmas crap left to do.

Apparently he is tired so has gone upstairs to play on the Xbox angry. Meanwhile leaving me with presents to wrap, cards still to do, baking in the oven, kitchen still has dinner plates to wash and laundry to do. While he relaxed after work. I went to tescos and the bank which I cycled to . If I ask him to help all I get is whiney teenager.

I'm ovulating as well and I want to throttle him not suduce him

AnyFucker Wed 23-Dec-15 21:32:29

And still you keep doing it

So stop

I am going to put this post on repeat for the next fortnight

ThomasRichard Wed 23-Dec-15 21:33:06

Do you have DC?!

CantSleepClownsWillEatMe Wed 23-Dec-15 21:34:50

Don't do it. Seriously, pour yourself a glass of wine then get an early night. He's being a selfish arse and the default should not be that YOU pick up the slack.

birdboo Wed 23-Dec-15 21:35:14

Not yet. Unless DH counts?

AnyFucker Wed 23-Dec-15 21:36:13

It will get worse when dc come

You have been warned

Chopz Wed 23-Dec-15 21:37:00

Put you're feet up. Say your more tired.

CantSleepClownsWillEatMe Wed 23-Dec-15 21:37:07

Sounds like he kinda does!

YouTheCat Wed 23-Dec-15 21:37:21

Who are the presents for and who are the cards for?

If they are for him/his family then leave them.

Bung a load in the washer. Wash the pots while the baking is cooking.

Then sit down and have a wine .

Chopz Wed 23-Dec-15 21:38:11

Only wrap for your family

CMOTDibbler Wed 23-Dec-15 21:40:35

If you don't have dc, then it doesn't matter if those things don't get done. Take the stuff out of the oven and then clock off.

ConfusedInBath Wed 23-Dec-15 21:44:02

Turn the oven off and get in bed.

If you carry on 'doing' your H will carry on letting you.

Peppapigallowsmetoshower Wed 23-Dec-15 21:45:06

This doesn't bode well to be honest. He sounds lazy.

I can see the thread in a years time... I'm left to feed child, sterilise things, dress and wash the child and do all the housework, I haven't had time for a shower cos child has reflux and needs held upright and he's tired/playing Xbox as he needs some rest time. He said he'd step up, he really wanted children but I'm doing all the night feeds as he works and says I can nap when the baby naps etc etc etc. It has got MN terrible lazy partner bingo card written all over it.

Seriously, if a fortnight after an op he's asking you to cycle to do the messages and isn't pulling weight around the house??? He needs a mighty kick up the proverbial.

OP, tomorrow put your feet up, have a bath, eat what you want when you want it and leave him the dishes. Tell him to rethink his attitude if he wants to start a family.

AnyFucker Wed 23-Dec-15 21:50:10

Op, you are a mug

ohtheholidays Wed 23-Dec-15 22:03:49

Honestly OP a man behaving like that is so unattractive and sex would be the last thing on my mind.

Like others have said if you have children with him with out sorting this all out it will be so much worse!Take it from a Mum of 5DC that had a crap first husband and chose to be a single Mum to 4DC before I met my now DH.

CatMilkMan Wed 23-Dec-15 22:09:20

LTB not as though anyone here has even asked if he has picked up the slack after your surgery (hope you are much better soon)
This fucking website sometimes.

AnyFucker Wed 23-Dec-15 22:11:48

What about "this fucking website" ?

TracyBarlow Wed 23-Dec-15 22:12:09

What an arsehole. Don't have kids with him FFS.

Thattimeofyearagain Wed 23-Dec-15 22:15:11

Op, stop being a doormat and TELL him to pull his weight.

TracyBarlow Wed 23-Dec-15 22:15:52

not as though anyone has even asked if he picked up the slack after your sugery

It still IS 'after her surgery'. She's ridden a bloody bike to the supermarket today while he arses about on Champ Manager or whatever.

AnyFucker Wed 23-Dec-15 22:16:54

Cat has some bullshit agenda

As per

Darvany Wed 23-Dec-15 22:17:23

DH is not just tired, he is a knob.

Please don't have children with him OP. I wish I'd had access to 'this fucking website' before I made that mistake.

lorelei9 Wed 23-Dec-15 22:23:43

OP what "needs" doing? I get that you want to sort the kitchen but if gifts are for your friends and family, I think they will cut you some slack if the gifts are not wrapped. You've been ill.

If for his family then he can do them.

And whTs the point of this bloke btw, don't have children with a child.
And I hope you are 100% soon.

Whatsinaname2011 Wed 23-Dec-15 22:24:08

I really wouldn't be reproducing with this man. That attitude will grate even more with a baby.

seriously, babies/children are EXTREMELY hard work. You need a partner who will scurry round doing EVERYTHING house work/cooking etc wise for the first few months as you'll feel like a bomb has gone off in your life.

Choughed Wed 23-Dec-15 22:29:54

Stop martyring yourself. And don't have babies with lazy-assed man-children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now