Talk

Advanced search

I've just spilt glittery nail polish on the slate floor - wtf do I do?!

(18 Posts)
NotAWhaleOmeletteInSight Thu 03-Dec-15 19:54:22

Sorry, this isn't technically an AIBU but I'm in a panic. I just dropped a bottle of glittery nail polish on the (brand new) slate kitchen floor. I've used pure acetone to get the worst of it off but it's still all sparkly. What do I do?! shockfsad

DextersMistress Thu 03-Dec-15 19:55:31

Nail varnish remover?

NotAWhaleOmeletteInSight Thu 03-Dec-15 19:56:47

It doesn't seem to be working on the glitter. I think it's picked up all the varnish. Argh at least the floor looks festive...

RoseWithoutAThorn Thu 03-Dec-15 19:58:47

Hot soapy water and a toothbrush. It takes ages to get rid of all the glitter. not that I know this from experience of course

NotAWhaleOmeletteInSight Thu 03-Dec-15 20:02:05

Thank you! I'll try that. I think this may be karma. I'm a primary school teacher and the number of times I've had to apologise to the cleaners for the glitter engrained into the carpet throughout the month of December...

Trooperslane Thu 03-Dec-15 20:06:29

Google sugar and nail polish. I think if you pour it over it solidifies and you can just brush it up.

Disclaimer: I am having strange dreams recently!

NotAWhaleOmeletteInSight Thu 03-Dec-15 20:17:48

I'll store the sugar tip for the inevitable next time. What's left on the floor is dry now. Argh argh argh.

The glittery stuff is terrible to get off. I wear it sometimes, you basically need to soak it off with acetone. Leave the cotton pads on the area, then have another go. Alternatively, scrape the pieces of glitter off individually with an old credit card.

ChameleonCircuit Thu 03-Dec-15 20:23:13

Sellotape?

NotAWhaleOmeletteInSight Thu 03-Dec-15 20:49:03

I'll try tape, and failing that, leg wax strops.

NotAWhaleOmeletteInSight Thu 03-Dec-15 20:50:04

Oops. I mean leg wax strips. Leg wax strops are what you get when you use leg wax strips.

SummerHouse Thu 03-Dec-15 21:00:25

Embrace the feature floor. wine

NotAWhaleOmeletteInSight Thu 03-Dec-15 21:37:46

I would! Dh is not so keen. He's looking quite pale.

Seeyounearertime Thu 03-Dec-15 21:40:26

Roll play doh on it to pick up the glittery flakes.
I dunno if it'll do any good, but it should be fun and take your mind off it. grin

HippyChickMama Thu 03-Dec-15 21:40:42

Silver foil gets it off your nails, maybe it would work on the floor? You put acetone on your nails and wrap in foil then leave for ten minutes, maybe try acetone and a layer of foil on the floor.

Bin50 Thu 03-Dec-15 21:41:18

Move house?

SealSong Thu 03-Dec-15 22:12:24

Blue tack might pick it up

RhiWrites Fri 04-Dec-15 03:28:29

Brush it with cat litter. Sounds mad but ought to work. The litter is porous and abrasive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now