Talk

Advanced search

To think I could be pregnant?!

(39 Posts)
benetint Sat 01-Aug-15 21:42:06

I'm on the IUD and we use withdrawal (for what it's worth)

I haven't had a period in months (not unusual for me) a glass of wine is making me feel sick, I feel really tired but most prominent is my extremely sore boobs. I just caught a glance at my nipples and they're quite dark and swollen.

I did a test 2 days ago and it was negative!

ghostyslovesheep Sat 01-Aug-15 21:47:49

well yes you could be pregnant ... not sure why yabu?

WaggleBee Sat 01-Aug-15 21:51:40

Yes you could. Maybe you're not. You do a other test in 2-3 days and find out.

benetint Sat 01-Aug-15 21:52:37

Thank you for replying.I worry iabu because I'm 'doubly protected' so to speak, and it's so unlikely!

benetint Sat 01-Aug-15 21:54:24

We had several years of fertility treatment for dd. But then ds came naturally! Dh thought our family was complete and wanted to get the snip but I've never been sure

WaggleBee Sat 01-Aug-15 21:54:41

Unlikely but not impossible. Do another in a few days. Otherwise is most probably just hormones doing their annoying thing.

FastWindow Sat 01-Aug-15 21:55:18

Mirena or nonH coil?

benetint Sat 01-Aug-15 21:56:55

Thank you everyone

It's the non-hormonal coil (copper?)

WaggleBee Sat 01-Aug-15 21:58:04

Sorry for my first slightly snippy reply. flowers I understand why you'd be extra alert to body changes after a history of fertility treatment and everything.

mummyrunnerbean Sat 01-Aug-15 21:59:44

Oh you definitely could be pregnant. I had the copper coil. Twas the best decision I ever made - DS is gorgeous grin.

benetint Sat 01-Aug-15 22:02:08

Thanks WaggleBee xx DD is an absolute joy but spent the best part of her first two years in hospital and I had awful pnd so I'm terrified to go back there. But I'm so so lucky to have them and I know I'd adore any more that came along by surprise

benetint Sat 01-Aug-15 22:02:46

Aw that's lovely mummyrunnerbean!

FastWindow Sat 01-Aug-15 22:02:57

You should definitely do another test (I wouldn't be able to wait three days!)

Coil+pg = lose coil immediately.

I was wondering about the Mirena as that causes lack of periods, but it's sounds like you are just terribly irregular.

Would it be a problem if you were pg?

benetint Sat 01-Aug-15 22:03:25

I can't find any coil strings but I've never been able to!

FastWindow Sat 01-Aug-15 22:04:08

Ah I see not. Good, that's a happy thing then!

benetint Sat 01-Aug-15 22:04:42

Thanks fastwindow. No, it would be unplanned but I know we would be happy. Is it dangerous to have the coil during pregnancy?

FastWindow Sat 01-Aug-15 22:05:00

I found mine. Maybe yoursfell out. Might be worth seeing the nurse.

FastWindow Sat 01-Aug-15 22:05:36

Er, i have found mine in the past. I haven't just checked. That would be weird. smile

benetint Sat 01-Aug-15 22:07:14

Haha thanks Fastwindow - it would be surpringly supportive that's for sure!wink

FastWindow Sat 01-Aug-15 22:11:00

Well if the coil is designed to prevent implant of egg (sketchy knowledge here) I would be thinking it might interfere with the process... Logic would say you shouldn't have a baby and some copper in the uterus simultaneously. At this point you've (if you are pg! Which is not established let's not forget!) got some tiny cells doing the cluster dance far away from the coily bit.
But I'd be doing something medical on Monday, test, exam, whatever.

Hey, will you update? I love a happy poas story smile xx

benetint Sat 01-Aug-15 22:11:55

Are those 'early tests' worth trying. Sorry for being annoying, I'm not someone who's good at waiting and seeing!

benetint Sat 01-Aug-15 22:12:18

Thanks FastWindow xx

benetint Sat 01-Aug-15 22:13:05

Yes of course I'll update, thanks so much for your help

benetint Sat 01-Aug-15 22:14:35

Yes I'll head for a medical if I am preggers, Im a bit paranoid about the whole coil eptopic thing

maybebabybee Sat 01-Aug-15 22:16:10

Not to scare you but if you get pregnant with the copper coil in there's a higher chance it could be ectopic, so I would do another test! Try a first response smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now