Talk

Advanced search

To not what to be "sat next to" on the bus

(67 Posts)
Lucyellensmum95 Fri 19-Apr-13 16:20:51

I am quite upset actually. I have had a really hard day, so when i get on the bus at the end of the day, i just want a bit of "me" time. I don't want to sit there squashed up with someone, or worse, someone elses child sat next to me.

So i did the accepted thing and put my bag on the seat next to me. This is surely a sign that you have had a bad day and just want to be alone isn't it??

The bus fills up with people, now if there had been OLDpeople there i would have grudgingly moved my bag, but there wasn't just a man with a baby and his DD who he had picked up from school. She was fidgeting around and not holding on, so she fell over. Now of course im symathetic but she should have been holding on.

Then some mouthy cow started gobbing off at me, asking me to move my bag?? I mean, she could have just said, would you mind moving, but oh now, the common mare asked me if my bag REALLY needed the seat? I mean, the cheek of it . I did ask her if she meant to be so rude - she said yes shock The audacity of some people

This is why i don't travel on the bus anymore!! angry The child was perectly capable of standing!

FarelyKnuts Fri 19-Apr-13 16:21:48

Ha. very good. grin

tripecity Fri 19-Apr-13 16:22:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fakebook Fri 19-Apr-13 16:22:32

hmm I agree with you. Bl

TantrumsAndBalloons Fri 19-Apr-13 16:22:53

grin

Fakebook Fri 19-Apr-13 16:22:53

Bloody arseholes with children.

UnChartered Fri 19-Apr-13 16:23:50

brew for you

i know you've not been great lately, but YABU

and i think you know it

so here's a biscuit to dunk in your brew not a cats bum mouth biscuit but a lovely choccy hob-nob

Lucyellensmum95 Fri 19-Apr-13 16:24:01

I'm glad you think it was funny Farely - i mean, how would you like to be forced to be sat next to some kid shlurpping her way through a bag of haribos? Much squelch munch squelch. LEt alone balwed out by some gobby cow? Why didn't SHE give up HER seat instead of just exercising her big mouth???!!!

isitsnowingyet Fri 19-Apr-13 16:24:29

Trolling about today? I'll settle in with a brew

IsaacCox Fri 19-Apr-13 16:24:47

grin

FarelyKnuts Fri 19-Apr-13 16:25:34

You could have nicked a few haribos if you'd let her sit tho eh?

nenevomito Fri 19-Apr-13 16:25:35

grin Brilliant!

Lucyellensmum95 Fri 19-Apr-13 16:25:44

Thankyou unchartered, but i, unlike what SOME people think, don't even like bloody hobnobs!!! Now, where's my prozac??

Tantrums and balloons, don'tYOU think she was rude then??

MrsMacFarlane Fri 19-Apr-13 16:25:48

I like the Viz top tip on this. "Smear your face with shite and no one will want to sit next to you".

ExitPursuedByABear Fri 19-Apr-13 16:26:01

Ha ha ha

TantrumsAndBalloons Fri 19-Apr-13 16:26:09

Because she was standing up grin

With her Primark handbag slung over her shoulder. It didnt need a seat.

ExitPursuedByABear Fri 19-Apr-13 16:26:14

Is it a nice bag?

nenevomito Fri 19-Apr-13 16:26:21

Although I prefer Moam to Haribo. Its got a better chewy factor.

Happiestinwellybobs Fri 19-Apr-13 16:26:46

grin

UnChartered Fri 19-Apr-13 16:27:11

<doh>

NOT LIKING HOB-NOBS shock

now YANVVVU

<snatches biscuit back, gives it sticky urchin child on bus>

TantrumsAndBalloons Fri 19-Apr-13 16:27:28

I think she was very rude.

However, I think that may have been her intention.

By the way, was she pretty? I know she was gobby and rude and common, but was she at least pretty? grin

Lucyellensmum95 Fri 19-Apr-13 16:28:31

I'm not the only one who does this - loads of people use their bags and an indication that they do not want to sit next to a "stranger"!! I often just glare at people but today i had my lovely new cath kidstone bag with me so i thought i'd put it there so that only Niace people would sit there, the hoy palloy can keep away

glenthebattleostrich Fri 19-Apr-13 16:28:54

I have solved this problem for other bus passengers by making my toddlers run along side the bus. I'm not totally mean, I give them a little drink and make sure they don't get lost by tying an extendable lead onto their back packs. It solves 2 problems - free's up seats and the children get lots of lovely exercise grin

tomatoplantproject Fri 19-Apr-13 16:29:28

grin

almostanotherday Fri 19-Apr-13 16:30:10

grin T and B

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now