Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think this is a little bit cheeky?

(17 Posts)
EasilyBored Mon 29-Oct-12 20:30:08

Just answered the door to a group of young-ish teens, in Halloween costumes. Conversation went like this:
Them "trick or treat!!!"

Us <confused> "aren't you a few days early?"

Them "yeah, but we're going on holiday

Us "um, well we don't have any sweets"

Them <blank stare>

Us "cause it's not Halloween yet..."

And then close the door.

This is weird, yes? They weren't little kids, and it's not Halloween yet, surely?

pictish Mon 29-Oct-12 20:32:12

Chancers! grin

plantsitter Mon 29-Oct-12 20:34:49

Somebody did this to me in September once. I was so sleep deprived (newborn) I assumed it was me not knowing what day it was and gave them the only treat-like thing we had in the house, which was a packet of microwave popcorn.

aldiwhore Mon 29-Oct-12 20:35:00

I expected some at the weekend, but now it's gone, not until actual Halloween... YANBU, but good on them for being chancers grin

Euphemiaaaarrrrgggghhhh Mon 29-Oct-12 20:35:13

You miserable sod! Get the Haribos in - it's Halloween week! DH is the Grinch that couldn't even remember the name of this week's festival earlier today, and even he got some fun bags (hmm) in at the weekend!

Shutupanddrive Mon 29-Oct-12 20:44:03

I've been organised and bought a tub of sweets on Friday. Unfortunately I've eaten half of them already and will have to but some more! blush

Shutupanddrive Mon 29-Oct-12 20:44:24

Buy not but

Waitingforastartofall Mon 29-Oct-12 20:50:59

Haha fun bags smile I want to eat the Halloween sweets, either that or the Xmas stocking chocs

HeadlessForHalloween Mon 29-Oct-12 21:16:03

Lucky dh getting the fun bags grin

5madthings Mon 29-Oct-12 21:21:00

They are being chancers! We dont have anything in yet, i will get sweets for halloween night but only for halloween night, if i get them in early i would just eat them blush

ScarahStratton Mon 29-Oct-12 21:26:27

Halloween only works on All Hallow's Eve. Any other time simply isn't Halloween, and they can all fuck off.

<bah humbug>

<sits in the dark, hugging chocolate protectively>

cloudpuff Mon 29-Oct-12 22:37:50

They expect money not sweets round here. Ive already turned three large groups of teenagers away tonight and they started knocking on the door a week ago. No effort in costumes, just trackies and a plastic mask.
I can barely afford my own ciggies and alcohol, Im certainley not funding theirs.

PurpleGentian Mon 29-Oct-12 22:54:31

YANBU.

It only counts on Halloween. My gigantinormous bucket of chocolate is remaining sealed until then because otherwise DH & I will eat it all before Halloween

iliketea Mon 29-Oct-12 23:05:34

Chancers. I had that once with a couple of teenage girls singing christmas carols - it was 1st december, and when I suggested it was a bit early, they said they were going away at Christmas and were raising spending money shock. cheeky sods.

EasilyBored Tue 30-Oct-12 09:12:28

Isnt carol singing meant to be about charity?!

I will pick up some sweets today, buy if I buy them any earlier I'll end up eating them all and having to buy more!

diddl Tue 30-Oct-12 09:15:28

As the children have got older there have been less & less callers over the years &
I don´t think I cba with it this year.

Am going to lock the gate so that no one can get to the door!blush

halcyondays Tue 30-Oct-12 09:38:56

I think coming round a couple of days before Halloween is acceptable.Years ago We used to get kids coming round abound 2 weeks before Halloween. They were always told that it was too early, come back nearer the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now