Talk

Advanced search

to hate rehashing of "fashions" that were horrible first time around?

(14 Posts)
Bogeyface Wed 28-Sep-11 09:51:11

In particular, jeans with elasticated bottoms teamed with espadrilles? They looked bloody awful 25 years ago, so who the jeff decided that they would look any better now?!

There is a woman at school who is one of those people that make you sick. First thing in the morning with no make up, hair scraped back and just in jeans and a tshirt she manages to look stunning. I would never want to stand next to her when she is dressed up! But she was wearing that combo this morning and even she looked bloody ridiculous!

The 80's were never style central but I really thought we had seen the last of espadrilles and elasticated anything!

Quidsi Wed 28-Sep-11 09:53:40

I agree. I'm just awaiting the return of "two-tone" jeans. Or in fact any coloured jeans.

itisnearlysummer Wed 28-Sep-11 09:54:53

Jeans with cartoon transfers on the thighs.

itisnearlysummer Wed 28-Sep-11 09:55:03

My brother had some of those.

fanjobanjowanjo Wed 28-Sep-11 09:55:55

Quidsi - where have you been?! Coloured jeans have been in for ages!

Quidsi Wed 28-Sep-11 09:58:35

Fanjo I'm obviously behind the times!
I have nightmares memories of everyone in sixth form wearing green jeans with a green body, red jeans with a red body, etc you get the picture!
Have they really come back??

Birdsgottafly Wed 28-Sep-11 10:00:33

People need to realise that some of these fashions are only meant for the under 16's. I've lost count of the amount of women i see wearing a different version of what there DD has on and looking awful in them.

Do they not look at their DD and see how it should look, then look at themselves and see how ridiculous they look, apparently not.

YankNCock Wed 28-Sep-11 10:02:02

Ugh, those tulip skirts that make everyone look hideous came back again (but I think mercifully have gone again too).

KittyFane Wed 28-Sep-11 10:03:22

Checked, patterned or striped denim jeans... Lovely grin

Deflatedballoonbelly Wed 28-Sep-11 10:04:28

Showing your age ladies, Showing your age!

If you can actually say: The original song was better or terrible the first time. You are officially your mother/father/aunt.. elder miserable git. grin

soverylucky Wed 28-Sep-11 10:22:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnitaDrink Wed 28-Sep-11 10:25:26

Or those enormous MC Hammer trousers.

TheSmallClanger Wed 28-Sep-11 10:59:24

I don't like elasticated anything. Elasticated bottoms on trousers remind me of shell suits.

mumto2andnomore Wed 28-Sep-11 11:00:58

Im tempted by coloured jeans after seeing them on Gok last night

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now