Talk

Advanced search

to think there is little more pungently disgusting than the scent of wet dog?

(66 Posts)
AtYourCervix Thu 21-Jul-11 16:32:06

it lingers for hours and gets in the soft furnishings.

BigDog is now clean but still stinks.

BulletWithAName Thu 21-Jul-11 16:32:41

Ugh no YADNBU.

itisnearlysummer Thu 21-Jul-11 16:33:22

DH smells a bit like a wet dog if he gets caught in the rain too. hmm

Not pleasant!

DooinMeCleanin Thu 21-Jul-11 16:33:44

I have two words for you....

Fox poo.

Nothing compares to that.

AtYourCervix Thu 21-Jul-11 16:34:00

when i was pg with DD2 i had hyperemesis and DD1 smelled of wet dog after her bath. poor little DD1.

ExitPursuedByAGryffin Thu 21-Jul-11 16:34:42

Wet dog that has rolled in fox poo, and then been left in the car whilst you do some shopping. Yum, yum, yum.

YABU and so is Dooin - the worst smell in the world is rotten potatoes, or possibly festering lettuce. Putrid onions are pretty bad too.

although I agree fox poo and wet dog are not great. Bat shit wins though.

Kladdkaka Thu 21-Jul-11 16:36:35

I use baby shampoo on my dogs, they smell lovely when wet. (Although I acknowledge that other dogs don't have ishoos like mine so will go out when it raining and get wet at times other than bathtimes.grin)

Solo Thu 21-Jul-11 16:36:36

YABU. I like wet dog smell blush

emptyshell Thu 21-Jul-11 16:38:41

I was going to make the fox poo comment as well.

Set it out as a challenge to the dog - I'm SURE they'll find a smell to better wet dog in the yuk stakes (probably involving bodily fluids and decomposing things).

AtYourCervix Thu 21-Jul-11 16:40:02

and now the SmallDog is foaming at the mouth. WTF is it with the animals in this house?

stinkyfluffycat Thu 21-Jul-11 16:40:06

The house when you've been away for 10 days and your boyfriend hasn't noticed that various things have gone mouldy and started to smell, and the cat has demonstrated the fact that he's missing you by pissing in several separate locations, and you have to live with the smell for 20 mins while you figure out what's causing it. That's quite bad..

ditavonteesed Thu 21-Jul-11 16:40:27

my dog only smells lovely when wet, she is not a water dog, she did stivk when she fell in the pond, I think that was the lumps of duck crap I had to pick off her though more than the actual wet.

AtYourCervix Thu 21-Jul-11 16:41:45

very dead rodents under the sofa are also pretty bad.

Fooffy Thu 21-Jul-11 16:42:19

Yanbu although Honeydog farts for the remainder of the day after a bath which is thoroughly disgusting.

Tortoise Thu 21-Jul-11 16:42:50

YABU I like the smell of wet dog.

Popbiscuit Thu 21-Jul-11 16:44:02

My dog smells disgusting, wet or dry.

Al0uiseG Thu 21-Jul-11 16:45:10

Another hands up for fox poo, surpassed only by the smell of dead rotting fox!

Rupert had been running into the field to roll in fox crap and i couldn't believe it was lasting so long. I chased him into the field and found him rolling in the carcass of the fox. <vom>

cottonreels Thu 21-Jul-11 16:46:19

Cat food - urrgghh

stupefy Thu 21-Jul-11 16:47:55

Decomposing bodies win.

pjmama Thu 21-Jul-11 16:49:12

Fox poo top tip - cover offending area in tomato ketchup and leave a few minutes before bathing. Takes the lingering stink right out.

pjmama Thu 21-Jul-11 16:50:43

Incidentally my DH smells pretty bad the morning after a night on the beer followed by curry. Beer+curry=vile farts.

Just thought I'd bring the tone right down... grin

KurriKurri Thu 21-Jul-11 16:53:49

My last dog would always roll in filth given half a chance, his most disgusting rolls were in a long dead fish on the river bank - I gagged all the way home,
and on one glorious occasion a human poo which he found behind a clump of grass at the beach.

Kladdkaka Thu 21-Jul-11 16:59:43

My brother's feet. European law on environmental hazzards means he can't take his shoes off. EVER!

InfestationofLannisters Thu 21-Jul-11 17:00:09

DD and I vestured into the pest food aisle last Saturday by mistake. We were boaking and wondering why people would voluntarily have their house smell like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now