Talk

Advanced search

...to want to drop-kick that Kenco Millicano B*tch?

(43 Posts)
WhoMovedMyCheeseToast Mon 06-Jun-11 00:41:54

I can't stand her, bragging about her knitting, her "vintage push bike" that her husband bought her, that fecking roll-top bath... Yeah, I know she's not real, but still... she just PUSHES my buttons at the moment. Let's see... things I'M LOVING AT THE MOMENT: The pile of poo in my driveway when the local fox ripped open a bag of DD's dirty nappies... "umm" (flutters eyelashes) that I finally have running water in the family bath after six weeks... "ummm" (smiles at thought of DH) the three-for-two paperback novels that DH bought me for our wedding anniversay... "ummmmmmmmm"

KAZAMM Mon 06-Jun-11 08:57:19

I saw that ad yesterday and said to DP 'smug cow'. I Couldnt give a flying fuck if she has a vintage bike or what coffee she drinks.

She irks me.

senua Mon 06-Jun-11 09:01:56

I haven't seen the advert you are talking about but have seen other millicano adverts and they annoy me mightily too.
Made me ROFL on The Apprentice when he sacked someone for not doing adverts in the properhmm advert-industry-approved way. Like they have a clue! Most adverts annoy megrin

SnuffleTurtle153 Mon 06-Jun-11 09:33:35

Oh my God I saw that yesterday too, I said to DH that I was waiting for a punchline but no, apparently she is just a smug, arrogant twat! Seriously, how the hell is that supposed to incite me to buy their coffee? 'Drink this and you too can flounce about in your Primark Cashmere jumper showing off your clapped out Renault vintage push bike?' I'd rather not, thanks.

ChangeDeNom Mon 06-Jun-11 09:35:07

Ooh yes, don't like the rolltop bath woman, but love the mum coming in to her kid's school to take back the harvest present she's given by mistake. The look on the kid's face is perfick.

fgaaagh Mon 06-Jun-11 09:55:40

I thought there was going to be a punchline somewhere there at the end... you know, like her boss walks in and it's actually the cleaner who's just taking a break for 5 minutes with a little fantasy... anything to make her seem less smug and the advert less shit.

But no, it really is that shit.

awful advert.

ChangeDeNom Mon 06-Jun-11 09:58:56

that would have been a good ad fgaaagh

crazynanna Mon 06-Jun-11 09:59:17

Nice coffee though! wink

saffy85 Mon 06-Jun-11 10:17:39

YANBU I actually wanted to run her over with her vintage pushbike and drown her in her rolltop bath. But then I have violent tendencies right now.

EricNorthmansMistress Mon 06-Jun-11 11:31:32

YANBU. Smug bitch. Her voice makes me stabby, as does her stupid botoxed face. Boots repair and protect? Whateva.

SardineQueen Mon 06-Jun-11 11:42:35

I saw this yesterday and was a bit hmm

Ads are supposed to be aspirational, sure, but this one is a bit obvious!

SardineQueen Mon 06-Jun-11 11:44:43

I could annoy you all by saying that you are obviously the wrong demographic for the advert ...

I, however, am living the dream wink

<heads off to have a cup of instant sophisticated coffee in her rolltop bath while sitting on her vintage bicycle>

WriterofDreams Mon 06-Jun-11 11:48:58

I agree that it's targeted at a certain group, SardineQueen, but surely that group will just have a cafetiere, which really isn't much more hassle than stirring some instant?

It's a very odd product marketed in a very bad way. Surely it would make more sense to market it to the die-hard coffee crowd (of which I'm an enthusiastic member <sips latte>) as something you can carry with you when you know only the crap stuff will be on offer and you feel like you're going to die without proper coffee <complete coffee addict emoticon>

SardineQueen Mon 06-Jun-11 11:51:01

It was a joke, writer grin

They want to ponce up their instant and have got a leetle carried away, haven't they grin

SardineQueen Mon 06-Jun-11 11:51:48

I am sure that all the women on this thread are millicano types (or whatever it's called).

<nods sagely>

<mounts vintage bicycle and heads back to the bath>

PharoahNuff Mon 06-Jun-11 11:52:09

YUP i tweeted thus the other day

WriterofDreams Mon 06-Jun-11 11:53:06

I think you were right though, except they've got their demographic completely mixed up. Mrs Roll Top Bath wouldn't be seen dead with instant coffee in her kitchen!

WriterofDreams Mon 06-Jun-11 11:53:45

<has vision of Sardine perched on bike, nude, in bath, sipping coffee>

WriterofDreams Mon 06-Jun-11 11:53:56

<real coffee of course>

SardineQueen Mon 06-Jun-11 11:54:43

<balances coffee on head>

<juggles jars of millicano>

<gets sectioned>

WriterofDreams Mon 06-Jun-11 11:56:58

See Miss smug pants Sardine, now you're off to the booby hatch you'll need that Millicano stuff won't you? I'm sure they only serve pisswater in there. You're the exact demographic they're looking for, along with arctic explorers who obviously won't have a convenient Starbucks.

ProfYaffle Mon 06-Jun-11 11:59:33

I think I probably would like that coffee but I can't bring myself to buy it because of the sodding adverts.

EvenLessNarkyPuffin Mon 06-Jun-11 12:33:14

I won't drink instant since I found out how it's made. They can make it sound as exclusive as they want, it's still factory made strong coffee (water and beans) that's then had the water removed. Now it just makes me think of the dregs in a cup.

I followed the advice on here and bought a coffee machine for from a supermarket! It works brilliantly and is dishwasher safe. And was less than £10.

begonyabampot Mon 06-Jun-11 12:38:11

The coffee is lovely though, I'm converted after having it last week for the first time. And she can't be as annoying as that awful malteser woman.

LittleMissFlustered Mon 06-Jun-11 12:40:39

Millicano mings. Starbucks Via isn't much (but slightly) better.

<wishes her coffee machine wasn't broken>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now