Talk

Advanced search

Great Fritatta recipes

(14 Posts)
Alana2000 Fri 22-May-20 12:40:16

Does anyone have any splendid Fritatta recipes? Ideally vegetarian!

Thanks for any ideas!

vampirethriller Fri 22-May-20 12:54:57

I use leftover risotto to make frittata, very nice with a carrot and thyme risotto.

Alana2000 Fri 22-May-20 15:57:20

Thank you @vampirethriller

That sounds like a great idea!

CoronaIsShit Fri 22-May-20 17:19:18

I make one (to have instead of pizza) with peppers, onions and courgette (all lightly fried before adding the eggs), then chuck on some halved cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, drizzle basil pesto and sprinkle on some parmesan before putting under the grill. Love it!

I also make one with fried mushrooms, leeks and cheddar cheese (added just before putting under the grill) which is also very nice.

Lightsabre Fri 22-May-20 17:41:31

I fry thin slices of potato until fairly crisp, onions, cherry tomatoes and smoked ham or a few pancetta bits. Add eggs and cook - delicious. Dh likes cheese grated on top.

fussychica Fri 22-May-20 18:34:46

I use chorizo in mine but you could leave that out and stick in some extra veg like courgette or cherry toms. Mushrooms, roasted red pepper for depth of flavour, onion, all fried before adding beaten eggs, lots of strong cheddar cheese and a bit of parmesan, parsley. Cook as an omelette then finish under the grill. Serve with a big salad and balsamic glaze. Lush.

hippohector Fri 22-May-20 18:45:16

Potato, onion and cheese and chopped chives

ProfessorRapson Fri 22-May-20 18:46:15

We're having this tonight:

Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall frittata

Delicious and reliable.

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Fri 22-May-20 19:03:47

Love the idea of leftover risotto, not that DP ever leaves stuff for leftovers!

I tend to just use potatoes and onions, maybe peppers or those spicy jarred peppers.

Anotherscentedcandle Fri 22-May-20 19:05:31

Pea, mint and feta - delicious in the summer

vampirethriller Fri 22-May-20 19:07:46

I also once did a very nice one with leftover Christmas dinner, but that's not very seasonal!

LateMumma Fri 22-May-20 19:08:38

Pea, courgette and feta with a bit of mint is our fave

TheGoodDinosaur Fri 22-May-20 19:25:48

Yes, grated courgette, peas, mint, feta, cheddar and fresh chilli. Lush

Stilton2000 Sat 23-May-20 14:49:48

Omg, I have only just managed to get back to the thread. These ideas are truly wonderful. Thank you so much 🙂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »