Talk

Advanced search

Most Ridiculous Injury you have ever had in your life?

(387 Posts)
DionneB Mon 21-Jan-19 23:19:01

as we have had serious injury , what are some ridiculous injuries you have had in your life before?

i would say slipping on some ice outside Bargin Booze and not being able to walk properly for 3 days afterwards , not fun times.

Boulezvous Sat 29-Jun-19 23:00:55

I tripped in my heels on the way down a steep path to the tube and broke my finger and ripped up my tights and knees. I was judging some awards so had to keep going - to a pharmacy to get some huge plasters and new tights. My knees hurt like hell.

But it took me two weeks to go to the clinic to have my finger checked. It was very painful. I had to wear a bandage and finger guard and have physio.

CrowleysBentley Sat 29-Jun-19 12:52:04

Also took off a hand sized patch of skin off my forearm when I knocked over the electric steam inhaler onto my arm when I had the flu. It took me a couple of minutes to register what had happened, and stagger to the bathroom to get cold water on it. The skin sort of slid off like jelly, it was truly disgusting. Hydrocolloid dressings are great inventions though, it healed up really quickly and I have no visible scar at all.

CrowleysBentley Sat 29-Jun-19 12:29:59

Broke three toes stepping off the pavement to cross the road. While sober, and wearing trainers.

Broke 2 ribs and got a carpet burn on my right leg from toe to hip when I fell down stairs while putting up new curtains at the landing window. The carpet burn was almost as painful as the ribs, I basically skinned the outside half of my leg.

Dropped a box file on my face when getting it down from a shelf and broke my nose.

Lots more, I am super clumsy. DD unfortunately takes after me.

thenewaveragebear1983 Sat 29-Jun-19 11:30:15

I had a blister in my sinus that caused such bad headaches they MRI scanned me to look for a brain tumour.

I slept funny once and pinched a nerve in my shoulder that was so painful I thought I'd broken my neck. I've done it a few times since; honestly it's so painful it wakes me in the night and takes my breath away, I wake up feeling like my lungs have burst. Tad dramatic

Multiple babies have head butted me, left me with black eyes and bruises.

Orangesox Sat 29-Jun-19 11:28:09

Too many to type out, but my favourite choice few are below:

Most recently, sneezed and gave myself a herniated disc in my lumbar spine, felt like a total knob explaining that one!

Laid on the sofa next to my dog, someone slammed a car door shut nearby and for some inexplicable reason the sodding dog bit me on the nose in fright! Still have a huge crescent scar on my nose!

Tripped over the leg of my overalls at work descending some metal stairs whilst doing a risk assessment! Grazed or bruised nearly every part of my body, and gave myself a black eye with my clipboard grin still not lived that down, don’t think I ever will.

motorcyclenumptiness Sat 29-Jun-19 11:19:33

Black eye from being punched in face by Bearded Collie while administering belly rub

sweetkitty Sat 29-Jun-19 10:57:55

I had mopped my floor and was pushing the coffee table back to the centre of the room, I slipped and fell onto an ornament on the table, I broke my sternum was laid up for 3 weeks it was so painful.

Ticklingcheese Sat 29-Jun-19 10:55:46

sashh atleast it sounds posh, when you have to explain 😁.

Mysterian Sat 29-Jun-19 10:55:34

I've only ever broken 2 bones. Both were toes broken in Cornwall.

Paddling.

sashh Sat 29-Jun-19 10:51:39

I did the bead thing at about 5 too.

Not me but my carer - not sure if this is ridiculous or ...

OK he was opening champagne with a sword and the glass curled into the air and landed on his forehead - he was left with a Harry Potter scar for ages.

For anyone who hasn't opened champagne (wow that sounds twatish) with a sword you don't uncork it, the top of the bottle flies of with the cork still in situ.

CalmConfident Sat 29-Jun-19 10:40:50

Outing...Pokemon go....walked into a tree at speed in the very dark park nipping to the poke stop on way home from pub. Grazed all my face, and was a bit concussed. Took ages to heal blush

Ratonastick Sat 29-Jun-19 10:40:45

I achieved a spectacularly middle class injury at a friend’s house. I was twatting around in her kitchen and slipped on a boden parcel that had been left on the floor. I smacked my arm on the Aga, leaving myself with a dislocated elbow and black bruising from shoulder to wrist.

Ticklingcheese Sat 29-Jun-19 10:33:42

I was showing off to dh (who is stiff as a board) that I could put my toe on my nose (promise you, I can) but my foot slipped and my thumb came full force into my eye (think long nails) and perforated my cornea.
Had double vision for a week, wore an eye patch. Still have the scarring, and can still see the dot in my eye, when reading blush.

Aroundtheworldin80moves Sat 29-Jun-19 10:16:28

I fell off my bike into a storm drain. Happened frequently where I was living at the time (you had to cross them on narrow bridges). Usually on the way home from the bar. What made mine different... I was stone cold sober on the way to pick up DD from nursery. It was witnessed. I still have knee trouble years later.

PhantomErik Sat 29-Jun-19 09:49:40

Slipped in cat sick & my foot hit the wall causing the skin & flesh to rip (to the bone) under my toe & had to have it stitched & glued (& re-stitched & glued as when they told to just walk carefully it split open so I had to use crutches).

I was on crutches for 10 days!

Talith Sat 29-Jun-19 09:41:50

I strained the tendons in my neck having sex. It was agony. I could barely turn my head for days. I could have done with one of them neck cosies you get for whiplash.

Giggorata Sat 29-Jun-19 09:39:08

As a teen, I was sitting on the floor doing some sewing and put the threaded needle into the rug while pinning. The phone rang and I went answer it and trod on the needle.
It went all the way into my foot, with about a few millimetres of the point sticking out, and the thread. DM had to go and get pliers out of the shed to get hold of it to pull out. Urgh.

Greyhound22 Sat 29-Jun-19 04:42:47

I shut my own head in the car door

RespectfullyNo Sat 29-Jun-19 04:40:51

Arthritis in my 30 ugh

RespectfullyNo Sat 29-Jun-19 04:40:15

The most horrible thing that the way it happened was ridiculous was busting my knee to the bone running to the phone in the house at 18 years old. I tripped on a missing floor board that the rug was covering upstairs in my grandmother's house. I landed on my knees on a base board of the table stand and I had to quit my job because the doctors said I was lucky cause I was a pinch away from breaking my knee.😮 I had to stay in the house leg wrapped, could bend it for about 2 months. Smh very lonely and stupid of me. NO RUNNING IN THE HOUSE! even for a phone call. Stupid boy🙄

Animum2 Sat 29-Jun-19 04:37:45

Tore my calf muscle whilst running for a bus, very surreal feeling as it didn't hurt when it happened just a lot of popping and snapping, it was only a few hours later that the pain hit

Woke up 4 days later with the start of severe bruising which continued for the next week to cover the entire back of my leg, then because I was using my right leg more to cover I ended up damaging the hamstring on the right leg, so all in all a very limpy few weeks!

HeronLanyon Sat 29-Jun-19 04:29:35

Stepped on an old heavy rake which slammed Into my mouth. Broken tooth split lip blood everywhere.
Had really big case that day (lawyer) and had only popped out to do bit of tidying in garden to clear head and de stress !
Two hospitals, stitches, dental bill.
Laurel and hardy !!

louisvootin Sat 29-Jun-19 04:08:02

very very outing to anyone who knows me... i fell over a blind mans guide dog and tore ligaments in my leg.

RespectfullyNo Sat 29-Jun-19 03:46:39

We must be passing cousins cause I stuck wet bald up news paper in my nostrils at 3 and it almost got stuck. I got lucky and blew it out real hard. Yet my cousin and I at 5 tried to see how many dry pinto beans we could stick up our nose. All I remember one was stuck for days and got infected. My mom took me to the doctor and then I told why.lol The doctor had to take the bean out with long tweezers. I was crazy! Lol

Rtmhwales Tue 12-Feb-19 01:21:33

Drunk in Vegas, aged 23. Bikini bottoms had a little skirt thing on them. I did a ballet twirl to show the security guard my pretty skirt, lost my balance and fell down. Best friend tried to help me up, fell down drunk on top of me. Security guard said he thought I'd broken my foot. I laughingly said no and walked back to my hotel with my foot pointing the wrong way. Was very obviously broken when I woke up sober hours later. Whoops. Nine months of physical therapy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »