Talk

Advanced search

powerball - WTF?

(17 Posts)
cluccles Mon 02-Nov-09 18:20:53

DH has just hinted he'd like one - even after finding it online I still don't get it. can anone enlighten me?

thrifty Mon 02-Nov-09 18:29:55

we had 2. i just freecycled one in a box of stuff. I didnt get it either. dp got given one last year and it didnt work, so he didn't 'get' it either. pointless in my opinion. maybe someone will come and enlighten us both smile

janmoomoo Mon 02-Nov-09 19:23:45

DH has one and bought one for all male friends for birthdays etc this year. I dont get it. What are they trying to achieve?

LowLevelWhingeing Mon 02-Nov-09 19:25:27

I keep getting these suggested on amazon and I can't even figure out if it fits in your hand or it's as big as a birthing ball! What the hell is it?

Divatheshopaholic Tue 03-Nov-09 09:36:11

i think its male thing. dh got one his bday, he was obessed for days. has got gyro inside and got display shows you speed and number you done etc...
apparently helps circulation and muscles etc.. im not sure what im talking aboutgrin
thats what i heard.
just buy him he will be intertained and he will show all his mates,too

LowLevelWhingeing Tue 03-Nov-09 10:52:56

What do you do with it though? Juggle? Circus tricks?

cluccles Tue 03-Nov-09 11:36:45

STILL don't get it sorry! Do you throw it? Use it like you would a dumbbell (sp?)?

bandgeek Tue 03-Nov-09 11:43:13

It's a ball that fits in the palm of your hand. You thread a bit string through the middle of it then quicky pull it out and roating your wrist spin it in circles. The faster you do it, the more resistance it builds up and you can feel it working your muscles! Point is to keep it going as long as you can.

Not sure most men need to build up anymore power in their wrists through...grin

LowLevelWhingeing Tue 03-Nov-09 11:44:51

Well I never would have guessed you did THAT!

BCNSback Tue 03-Nov-09 11:48:34

ds's have one each as it helps build up hand and forearm strength.. which is useful to them as they are quite serious about Judo. Anyway it's a real fidget gadget which is quite fun tbh. lol go for it, if you can put up with competative powerballing within the house hold.

Bear in mind when the power ball really gets going it can be quite hard hanging on to it .

janmoomoo Thu 05-Nov-09 14:45:41

See this - hilarous!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQPESY-pndw

janmoomoo Thu 05-Nov-09 14:47:32

Sorry, trying to post the link again - see www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQPESY-pndw

Now tell me what it looks like he is doing!

My DH has one and likes it, brother has one too. I can't do it at all.

cluccles Thu 05-Nov-09 15:22:45

ha ha ha thanks janmoomoo, spat my tea out!
we are NOT getting one of those FGS, it will do my head in

LowLevelWhingeing Thu 05-Nov-09 15:24:46

oh. my. god. that is hilarious!

Surely blokes don't need any gadgets for that particular skill set? grin

IMoveTheStarsForNoOne Thu 05-Nov-09 15:25:15

They actually really tone the muscles in your wrist and arm, so can help after minor wrist injuries to strengthen the joint.

They're a bit weird and take a bit of getting used to, but they're actually pretty good

teamcullen Fri 06-Nov-09 17:46:37

ha ha janmoomoo that mans face was hilarious.

I will have to get one of those. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now