Talk

Advanced search

Santa's Grotto presents for year 4, 5 and 6 boys. Any ideas please?

(10 Posts)
mckenzie Fri 23-Oct-09 16:28:12

I've bought for all the others years and the girls of those years but I'm really stuck for ideas for these older boys. Any ideas gratefully received.

TIA

chimchar Fri 23-Oct-09 16:38:37

how much money to be spent please? i love spending other peoples money!!

mckenzie Fri 23-Oct-09 20:28:29

this is my first year but historically, we usually spend between 75p and £1.75 it seems. It can't be calendars as if they are not used this year, they can get carried over to the next. Thanks chimchar

twinklytoes Fri 23-Oct-09 21:49:31

recommended from another pta christmas fair thread. this company will pack up grotto pressies at £1.10 each. might be worth looking if you've got loads to buy.

hobbgoblin Fri 23-Oct-09 21:50:28

Try Hawkins Bazaar

hormonalmum Fri 23-Oct-09 22:01:35

Home Bargains and £ stretcher - stationery sets. About £1 each.

mckenzie Sat 24-Oct-09 08:33:56

thanks guys. Stationery sets have been done to death hormonalmum at our school so I need to keep away from them. I'll try that website twinklytoes - thank you. And I was wondering if Hawkins Bazaar do wholesale prices?? We have a shop locally but the shop cost price of anything suitable for Santa's Grotto gifts is too high.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 24-Oct-09 08:50:11

sets of books from the book people split up seem to work consistently well in the schools I've helped in.

blametheparents Sat 24-Oct-09 08:59:57

Whoopee cushions.
Every boy 9and in fact girl!) I know love these and they are pretty cheap.
Could always put something else with them if too cheap, check out hawkins Bazaar

mckenzie Sat 24-Oct-09 13:18:03

thanks again. Just had reply from Hawkins Bazaar. They offer school discounts of up to 20%, depending on value of the order.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now