Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Something to come in the post for a 5 yr old?

(11 Posts)
teaandakitkat Wed 08-Nov-17 21:59:43

My 5 yr old has a subscription to Storybox magazine and loves it. He loves the stories, but mainly he loves getting something in the post once a month.
I'd like to find something similar where he gets something in the post, but I can't really find another magazine subscription he would like.

Can anyone recommend anything? A craft box or something maybe? I'm not sure where to look.

(And if anyone needs any ideas, Storybox is fab!)

LostMyRubySlippers Wed 08-Nov-17 22:03:15

Toucan do a craft box & think there is also a mister maker one. You can usually get an offer for first box free.
Or there is a link on referral thread for something called weekend boxes

caprifun Wed 08-Nov-17 22:05:35

National geographic kids is great and available on subscription, my 4 and 6 year olds love it.

drspouse Wed 08-Nov-17 22:06:00

We also love StoryBox, we had it for DS but now we're going to get it for DD who is 3 and get Okido for DS.

Waddlelikeapenguin Wed 08-Nov-17 22:08:02

I was going to say NGK too (on tesco vouchers like storybox is)
Storytime is a lovely kids magazine too.

Does he like comic books? The phonix is awesome!

greenapplesplatter Wed 08-Nov-17 22:11:12

I was looking for a subscription for MIL the other day (who knew there were so many??) and there was a kids baking one that looked good, think it was called mini bakers or similar

drspouse Wed 08-Nov-17 22:15:26

StoryBox isn't on vouchers any more sadly.

greenapplesplatter Wed 08-Nov-17 22:17:08

Sorry me again just remembered I liked a toy one on Facebook a while ago too, haven't actually signed up to it so not sure if it's any good or not but it was called My Pocket Money Toy

RaindropsAndSparkles Wed 08-Nov-17 22:20:04

Premium Bonds. First edition stamp covers. (Is that still a thing?)

Cakescakescakes Wed 08-Nov-17 22:21:44

We had Toucan Box and it was excellent. You can get a trial one for free.

teaandakitkat Wed 08-Nov-17 22:26:55

I have never heard of Storytime magazine. It didn't come up in any of my searches. I might go for that, and hope it doesn't arrive the same day as Storybox every month.

I did sèe the toucan box but it seemed maybe a bit expensive. Grandparents are wanting to buy a years subscription up front for Christmas.

Thanks for the ideas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now