Talk

Advanced search

Presents ideas for a 4 year old

(18 Posts)
BirthdayBeast Mon 06-Nov-17 15:52:50

I’ve been wracking my brain trying to think of something to buy my dd for Christmas but I am stuck for ideas. I’ve asked her what she wants and she says either nothing, surprise me or she doesn’t know.

What are people buying for their 4 year olds (girls and/or boys)? Any ideas welcome!

Thiswayorthatway Mon 06-Nov-17 16:29:19

Lego
Playmobil
Play doh ice cream maker
Dress up clothes.

Ecureuil Mon 06-Nov-17 16:31:25

DD1 is 4 next week.
She’s having Lego, Hama beads, Ariel fancy dress, some books and craft stuff. Her and DD2 are having a GLTC ice cream shop as a joint gift.

bunnynose Mon 06-Nov-17 18:52:53

DD is 4.5, she wants a Fingerling, Little Live Pet Hatching Chick & PJ Masks toys. I've also got her some board games and a puzzle.

Ricekrispie22 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:00:51

Marble run
Dolls house
Pram for dolls
Scooter

Equimum Mon 06-Nov-17 19:45:03

DS1 is just coming 5, but over the past year he has lived Magformers.

Equimum Mon 06-Nov-17 19:45:28

loved, not lived!

user1469751309 Mon 06-Nov-17 19:58:32

A kitchen and the food ect to go with it and a little apron and chefs hat! Can't wait to see her little face when she sees it!!

Vanillaradio Tue 07-Nov-17 09:36:38

4 year old Ds is having a Playmobil car, books, Dora the Explorer Dvds, stickers and sticker books, train track bits to go with his track, a Paw Patrol hoodie and the only thing he had requested- a cuddly Pikachu!

funnyfoursome Tue 07-Nov-17 09:41:37

Following as am also stuck for my 3 1/2 yr old DD. She tends to play with her older brother's Playmobil and Lego, so was thinking along those lines...
We really have enough toys games and puzzles. Marble run is a good idea. I was also wondering about Magnatiles (bit pricy). Might look up Djeco and Plan toys also 'not on the high street' for unusual/ original gifts

Zoesweet Tue 07-Nov-17 10:30:19

A doll house and a talking doll. I don't have a dd but I recently gave these as birthday presents for my niece and she just loved it.

RatOnnaStick Tue 07-Nov-17 10:32:44

DS2 who is nearly 5 is asking for the Lego train. He's also getting some childrens binoculars and he loves Hexbugs so some more of those.

poooooooop Tue 07-Nov-17 10:43:47

Ooh following. Is your dd my dd op?!
Gm wants and answer and dd just says I don’t know!

She was 4 last month and received some Silvanian Family stuff, which she loves!

Goldenhandshake Tue 07-Nov-17 11:44:05

DD is 3.5 and is getting a fur real bunny, fingerling, some playmobil, pop up olaf game, and some frozen related tat.

Dancer123456 Tue 07-Nov-17 11:56:05

My DD just turned 5, and the current favourites are:

LOL Surprise Dolls - the big sister ones, which are about £10 have been a big hit and she is collecting them (very very slowly!). I'm not buying the LOL big Surprise because at £60 it's a massive waste of money for whats in it. I'd rather buy 6 of the big sister dolls for more impact and playability.

Fingerling - I've bought the twin pack of fingerlings for my 5 year old and my almost 4 year old. The whole school seems to be talking about them, and at £15 they are much better value than the hatchimals and LOL big surprise ;-)

Lego - I've bought a set of basic lego (not from lego itself, whose classic boxes are useless if you want to build anything!), along with the lego classic box for extra bits. DD likes to build houses and nurseries etc with her duplo and is ready to move to lego.

Then just stocking fillers - a watch, a book (Matilda, the new illustrated version); paint your own princess plaster of paris figures; hungry hippos; key ring; socks and knickers;

BirthdayBeast Tue 07-Nov-17 12:46:23

Some great ideas! Thanks all smile

peachy94 Tue 07-Nov-17 13:05:56

DS 4.5 is getting Lego, playmobil, transformers, power rangers, Spirograph and a load of board games - snakes and ladders, connect 4, cluedo junior, monopoly junior, uno, ludo

SatsukiKusakabe Tue 07-Nov-17 21:28:08

My dd is getting a baby born doll that cries etc and which she can bath, and a buggy. She is also having a Little Live Pets Hedgehog and Lego. Other things she has shown interest in are Disney dolls, hair dressing dolls, Sylvanian camper van, enchantimals, Power Rangers. Does she have a bike/scooter etc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now