Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone else spending Christmas Eve panic cleaning?

(12 Posts)
StillTryingHard Sat 24-Dec-16 10:20:29

We should be listening to carols and breathing in the sweet scent of pine while dressed in spotless Christmas Eve outfits. But instead I'm running around desperately trying to hide piles of clutter.

Heirhelp Sat 24-Dec-16 10:22:19

Is anybody coming round?

DearMrDilkington Sat 24-Dec-16 10:25:29

Atleast the day will go quicker as your busy, I hate Christmas eve!
It drags on so much and dd is so excited that I think she may explode in to chirstmas confetti by this evening.

Bring on boxing day when the whole palava is finished and the good sales are ongrin.

Lostmyemailaddress Sat 24-Dec-16 10:25:52

Yep and no matter how much I do thenjoy dcs follow behind me and undo everything I have done.

It's just me and the dcs tomorrow but I had been told to rest for a few days earlier this week due to being in the early stages of pregnancy and having a second bleed so really it's trying to catch up.

MercuryRising Sat 24-Dec-16 10:26:57

Oh yes. This is my annual ritual but I feel fantastic once it is all done and we can relax.

Afreshstartplease Sat 24-Dec-16 10:28:34

Me although I am fighting a loosing battle with four DC I think

ophiotaurus Sat 24-Dec-16 10:32:13

I am too. I feel your pain.

NoCapes Sat 24-Dec-16 10:33:34

Nope I did it all in a tiz yesterday this year so I can actually enjoy Christmas Eve for once
We're on our way to ice skating fgrin

Maybe83 Sat 24-Dec-16 10:33:44

Yes me our house is a disaster zone. I was sick last week with the flu and chest infection. Dh has worked 7 days straight lots of late nights panic buying and we didn't get to finish our massive declutter we started.

We are hosting tomorrow. I'm trying not to panic.

I'm going to have some tea and toast. Switch on some music and set 15 min timers to get it done. Here's hoping!

MrsGsnow18 Sat 24-Dec-16 10:33:50

I understand! I did my cleaning yesterday, just the floors to do today.

HungryHorace Sat 24-Dec-16 10:34:07

Saturday is housework day in this house anyway, so we aren't really doing much more than usual.

rubberducker Sat 24-Dec-16 10:34:33

We've got a houseful arriving at 2pm so crazy cleaning frenzy this morning. But come 2pm I shall be propped up the island in the kitchen with a mulled wine and a mince pie and it shall all be worth it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now