Talk

Advanced search

Fur real unicorn

(21 Posts)
Dancergirl Sat 31-Oct-15 23:50:54

Has anyone bought one or planning on buying?

I know my 8 year old dd would love one but over £100 shock ?? Is it worth the money? It's got good reviews though.

HoneyDragon Sat 31-Oct-15 23:58:39

It's ALL dd wants, nothing else, just that and desperately bless her. grin

We got one in Costco for £81.00 a little while ago.

Turnerandsmooch Sun 01-Nov-15 08:10:41

My dd got this for her birthday . I don't really think it's worth the price . It doesn't do much motion wise ,other than move it's head and light up .

It would be much better if it walked . Dd really really wanted it ... 3 days after her birthday it was sat in the toy box and hasn't been looked at since angry

Dancergirl Sun 01-Nov-15 23:16:18

Hmm, not sure really. Although my older dds (and me) would probably love it too.

HoneyDragon Mon 02-Nov-15 00:39:18

I don't think it's worth the money at all, for what it does.
But my dd has asked for a real unicorn every year at Christmas hmm she's willing to accept this so I shelled out the £80.00 grin

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Mon 02-Nov-15 00:46:26

Holy Sugar Honey Iced Tea I want one of those things shock

HoneyDragon Mon 02-Nov-15 00:50:20

You can come round ours on Boxing Day for a play if you want grin

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Mon 02-Nov-15 00:52:39

Yay! And if your DD is bored enough with her I can have her on permanent loan? For her own sake obvs! grin

HoneyDragon Mon 02-Nov-15 00:57:53

She watches the bloody thing on you tube every day if she can....I think you'd have a fight on your hands grin

oobedobe Mon 02-Nov-15 01:40:39

I was completely against this toy when 7 yo DD1 first saw it, I was telling her it didn't do much for the money ($150 here) and she should look at other toys.

However I change my mind after playing with one in a toy shop, yes it should do more for the money and it would be nice if it walked, but I have to agree that any unicorn mad child would LOVE it (I have a younger DD who will also love it). It doesn't do much but it is quite a sophisticated and magical robotic toy - a bit like having a muppet for a pet.

I am now waiting for the best deal I can find and I am hoping to get it for around $90.

Dancergirl Mon 02-Nov-15 09:16:27

Thanks, does anyone know where's selling it the cheapest in the UK?

Dancergirl Mon 02-Nov-15 10:37:45

Found one for £96 on Amazon. Wonder if I should get it? Do you think that's as cheap as I'm going to get??

kiwidreamer Mon 02-Nov-15 12:28:36

I had already got DD blu blu the baby dolphin when this came out, a bit gutted bit I've put her off for now and will get it in May for her birthday probably.

MumOfTheMoment Mon 02-Nov-15 12:36:36

Well I want one now thanks to this thread blush

Dancergirl Mon 02-Nov-15 13:35:59

Ordered from Amazon smile

I'd probably regret it if I didn't, I imagine prices will rocket closer to Christmas.

MumOfTheMoment Mon 02-Nov-15 13:42:33

That would only happen if you hadn't bought one.

Now you have they will be £40 everywhere as of next week grin

Dancergirl Mon 02-Nov-15 13:48:59

Oh no don't say that! grin

Dancergirl Mon 02-Nov-15 13:51:30

Can't wait to see dd's face and play with it myself

HoneyDragon Mon 02-Nov-15 16:41:25

I went to Costco, they still have them there £83 now, but that's obviously only an option if you're a member.

It's one of those toys isn't it? It'll either be dirt cheap the week before Xmas, or end up randomly popular and sold out everywhere bar eBay at extortionate rates.

kiwidreamer Mon 02-Nov-15 18:21:25

Just adding that DD has had Fudge the pony from the Stawberry Stables range for a couple of years and it's played with loads, it doesn't do anything special but its size means it can really be part of so many play scenario's, i think the unicorn would be the same.

ALemonyPea Mon 02-Nov-15 18:23:51

I am waiting for my local Costco they stock in as my niece is after one. Glad to hear they are £80ish. A huge saving from £120.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now