Talk

Advanced search

What did you forget? I failed to remember...

(51 Posts)
clary Fri 26-Dec-14 11:29:59

...the crackers for Christmas Day lunch {doh} and the green beans with lemon which I had made - just left them sitting in their pan on the hob! Muppet!

At least I remembered to serve the stuffing out of the chicken (have forgotten that before) and I think I remembered all the presents!

What did you forget?

LokiBear Fri 26-Dec-14 12:03:46

Yorkshire puddings!

Bowlersarm Fri 26-Dec-14 12:05:44

To roast the parsnips.

TipsyMcStaggers Fri 26-Dec-14 12:17:48

I forgot to write Christmas cards! I'm so fucking sleep deprived with 6 mo DD sad

smoothieooo Fri 26-Dec-14 12:22:33

Houmous for evening savory snacks and I didn't realise we'd run out of black pepper until I went to put some on my smoked salmon yesterday morning!

OhOneOhTwoOhThree Fri 26-Dec-14 12:26:14

We forgot our crackers too smile

lovetheweekends Fri 26-Dec-14 12:31:22

Cranberry sauce!
And I really like it too fsad

Steben Fri 26-Dec-14 13:08:07

I forgot to serve the mash!

trixymalixy Fri 26-Dec-14 13:53:11

I forgot the extra wide foil. Had to fold thinner stuff together.

Costacoffeeplease Fri 26-Dec-14 13:58:27

We forgot our crackers too and only remembered this morning! Almost forgot the Yorkshire puddings but as they were ready made in the freezer we were able to pop them in the oven as we dished up and they were ready really quickly

clary Fri 26-Dec-14 14:07:27

Glad it's not just me then grin

We are going to have the crackers with the Boxing Day ham this evening smile

OhOneOhTwoOhThree Fri 26-Dec-14 17:47:32

Same here clary smile (even the ham)

Purpleflamingos Fri 26-Dec-14 17:49:52

One of ds presents. It's still in the wardrobe. I might save it for a rainy day surprise. He's got enough games for the moment.

MrsGannicus Fri 26-Dec-14 17:50:41

I forgot my SIL's vegetarian meal! Had to quickly whip a bit of salmon out which we luckily had.

CarmelasFridge Fri 26-Dec-14 17:55:11

I forgot to move. Far, far away.

Onthemountain Fri 26-Dec-14 17:56:23

I forgot to put out some of DDs presents. Mid afternoon it dawned on me that she didn't have any Lego friends boxes...it cost a small fortune you think I would have remembered!

BellaVita Fri 26-Dec-14 18:00:14

Forgot to put the grapes out with the cheese board. Just found the dates in the cupboard too.

amigababy Fri 26-Dec-14 18:00:34

the Christmas pudding. At first I thought I'd lost it, but really I think I just didn't buy one. We had raspberry tart instead ( quickly defrosted) which went very well with the brandy cream.

I think I might have started a family tradition!

chelsbells Fri 26-Dec-14 18:01:52

The pigs in blankets! sad
Gutted when I realised they were still in the fridge!

amigababy Fri 26-Dec-14 18:10:48

nearly forgot those too, dd reminded me. At least I'd bought them though

MehsMum Fri 26-Dec-14 19:01:06

To make the pigs in blankets and get them and the stuffing (made in advance) into the oven. DH was cooking and he never bothers with them and I really should know this by now...

So we had a nice lunch, but it was just a roast lunch with crackers... Damn.

Tomorrow I plan to make a meal of roast spuds, veg, and the forgotten pigs'n'stuffing.

Chocolategirl7 Fri 26-Dec-14 19:16:55

Just reading this now has made me realise I forgot to open the cranberry sauce! Doh! It's still in the fridge!

WUME Fri 26-Dec-14 19:40:55

To light the Christmas pudding! So today I lit the half we didn't eat yesterday blush

Better than the year I set fire to the tablecloth though ...

shutitweirdo Fri 26-Dec-14 19:58:21

Forgot the crackers too. Made myself a list of everything for lunch and put it on the cupboard door by the cooker. All the food was there this year.

ChristmasPuddin Fri 26-Dec-14 21:19:51

Nearly forgot to serve the stuffings but glimpsed them through the oven window as I went to the table.

DD took a wrapped parcel out of her stocking and forgot about it. All day I was wondering where Olaf was when DS had Sven. I found the parcel last night in the bed and gave it to her this morning : )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now