Talk

Advanced search

Stocking filler ideas for 18 month old

(11 Posts)
cherrylola Fri 12-Dec-14 19:42:25

My DS will be 18 months next week (crikey that came around fast)! So far I have;
Christmassy PJs
A couple of books
A soft toy
Some play food and pans (main present is a play kitchen)
Hat
Muppets Christmas Carol DVD (he doesn't watch much TV but does love the muppets!)

They're lovely and generally practical gifts that will get a lot of use but I'd like to add a few more little bits. As he's a bit small for chocolate coins I'm a bit stumped for ideas!

bakingtins Fri 12-Dec-14 19:52:22

Bath toy - Sainsburys do nice ones which light up/ flash when they get wet 2 for £5.
ELC do nice figures incl Father Christmas - the range before Happyland for smaller children - about £ 3/4
Small pack of something edible if you don't want chocolate - rice cakes, gingerbread men etc

Highlandbird Fri 12-Dec-14 19:54:14

Tub of playdoh
Small wooden puzzle
Sticker book
Socks!

This is stuff I've got for my 19mo stocking

Highlandbird Fri 12-Dec-14 19:55:07

How about a cute little apron for 'cooking' in his new kitchen (and messy play!)

Highlandbird Fri 12-Dec-14 19:56:18

Bubble bath
Toothbrush
Magic flannel

I'll stop now wink

cherrylola Fri 12-Dec-14 20:02:48

Oh yes yes to an apron, that's a fab idea! I could perhaps make one easily I think (if he naps at all next week!). Socks are a great one too, that's reminded me that he doesn't have any slippers so I might try and find some nice warm Christmassy ones.

I wouldn't usually mind a few chocolate coins but we are away at DMIL's for Xmas and last time we were there she fed him loads of 'marketed-at-children' cake biscuit things and he was so high on sugar he was wired like a loon all night and didn't sleep until 3am so I'm not going to dare risk it!!

cherrylola Fri 12-Dec-14 20:04:50

And yes to bubble bath and light up bath toy (didn't know they existed!). He's never had stickers or playdoh so they'll be so fun (stuck on MIL's walls and not mine grin)

Highlandbird Fri 12-Dec-14 20:36:38

I know what you mean about all the chocolate, mine get so much from other folk I don't bother putting in their stockings, you have to put a tangerine in though, that's the rules, wouldn't be Christmas without a tangerine in your stocking wink

cherrylola Fri 12-Dec-14 20:46:33

Haha yeah I can imagine the tangerine actually being his favourite thing, he can't get enough of oranges!

bogiesaremyonlyfriend Fri 12-Dec-14 22:02:10

Light up ball? What about on of those survival blankets- can get them cheapish in eBay. Children live the wrapping paper and this is like super brilliant wrapping paper that will last ages smile all my kids love playing with them (birth-3)

SueDunome Fri 12-Dec-14 22:48:39

A toy car - one specifically designed for babies; big, bright and chunky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now