Talk

Advanced search

What are you buying people/couples, mid 30's that have everything??

(49 Posts)
pigleychez Wed 14-Nov-12 22:53:48

The people im struggling with now are couples/people aged about mid 30's.
Have everything, dont really need/want anything, no room for 'stuff'.

The kids were easy, Adults are soo much harder!

Care to share your ideas with me? smile

Gumby Wed 14-Nov-12 22:55:08

We only do kids

Who are these adults that need buying for?!

Booze is good grin

Posh bottle of whisky/ wine

MerylStrop Wed 14-Nov-12 22:56:34

nowt

Snazzyfeelingfestive Wed 14-Nov-12 22:56:50

Or go to the Good Gifts online catalogue and buy a present on their behalf for someone else, if they'd like that. If not, something consumable, posh food or drink.

pigleychez Wed 14-Nov-12 22:58:01

BIL and SIL

and Sis and Partner.

Looking for either a joint present or single ones.
Really stuck for ideas.

DilysPrice Wed 14-Nov-12 22:58:11

Food. Or if you've got a big budget, annual passes/ membership of things (zoo, museum, cinema).

Crikeyblimey Wed 14-Nov-12 22:59:38

Socks and hankies. I'm going for traditional this year.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 14-Nov-12 23:00:54

Fancy smellies and posh chocolates.

Tommy Wed 14-Nov-12 23:02:20

we started doing Secret Santa with my siblings, their partners and older grandchildren. It's great - I only have to buy one present and I get the chance to actually have a think about what present my "chosen one" gets smile

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 14-Nov-12 23:05:20

Ones who have everything are getting this

I love trees. I'd love to receive a load of trees one day, from the people I care about. And an oak, impregnated with truffle spores would be most welcome.

<has fantasies of owning own orchard.

anja1cam Wed 14-Nov-12 23:12:08

We've agreed to no longer do pressies between siblings and partners so I can't help in that age group smile There was always a lot of posting (inland and abroad) involved so there was big relief all round when we reached that conclusion!

pigleychez Wed 14-Nov-12 23:15:45

Quite liking the cinema voucher idea. Could work.. I'll have to see which ones are near them.

Hazel- The tree's look great. You can actually eat the truffles it produces?

stealthsquiggle Wed 14-Nov-12 23:17:46

What sort of budget, OP?

whatthebloodyhelldoidonow Wed 14-Nov-12 23:25:07

I recently bought my sister and BIL and kids a family years membership to a local place of interest so they can all have free days out. I have bought the kids a selection box each to open on the day as not sure a 7 and 8yo will appreciate it quite so much.

Its not the cheapest idea in the world is you were looking for something cheapish but when I calculated what I would spend on the family as whole buying them actual gifts iykwim - it was around the same cost.

Another option is a few bottles of nice wine!

baconsandwich Wed 14-Nov-12 23:34:33

DVD box set of The Killing or The Bridge or Borgen - all great crime thrillers from scandinavia

Doitnicelyplease Thu 15-Nov-12 06:36:57

We have started an arrangement amongst our siblings (DH and I) that from now on presents for kids only, but we do buy for our parents and each other - no grandparents left sadly

What I have found brilliant are those red letter days vouchers for an experience or meal out or theatre tickets. I had both sets of parents sorted after 30 mins browsing. Easy peasy.

legalalien Thu 15-Nov-12 06:54:09

His and hers laptop
pillows. Will
try and find
a
link
a
bit later

LadyMetroland Thu 15-Nov-12 07:01:44

Posh blanket from Zara Home. You can never have too many.

ShhBoom Thu 15-Nov-12 07:06:00

I've recently bought an experience day for someone who has everything. There were lots of couples ones to choose from too.

MadameCastafiore Thu 15-Nov-12 07:06:36

Cineworld box thing, you get a coupe of tickets, popcorn, drinks and chocolate.

At least us something that can be used rather than stuck at back of kitchen cupboard where most of mulled wine sets or chocolate milk sets which people seem to think I want end up!

legalalien Thu 15-Nov-12 07:45:05

Like this

http://www.scandiliving.com/surf-pillow-red.php

Actually there are a few things on the site that might tick the box

legalalien Thu 15-Nov-12 07:45:29

www.scandiliving.com/surf-pillow-red.php

flubba Thu 15-Nov-12 07:51:23

LOVE the oak truffle tree thingamebob - might be a winner for my BIL who's just bought a huge house with an even hugererer garden grin

RichManPoorManBeggarmanThief Thu 15-Nov-12 08:05:34

I am one such person. I am getting

- a hardcore double oven glove with teflon lining so it's not a race to put the dish down before your hand burns off
- Greatest Hits of Duran Duran grin
- Zumba CD
- Crust (cook book)
- purple mock-croc clutch from Oasis

I'm also always delighted to get booze, books (apart from 50 shades of Gray), shower gel or chocolate/sweets. I'm not a big fan of other toiletries as presents as I tend to "use what I use" and not want to switch brands just because it's a gift. I also have a very simple skincare routine and as a result probably have around 25 unused "eye contour creams" lurking under the sink somewhere.

GoldenHandshake Thu 15-Nov-12 12:11:59

DSis1 is getting: Burts Bee's top to toe gift set
BIL1: Gio Goi T-Shirt
DSis2: Cookbook and some bath melts from Lush
BIL2: Cinema voucher (he is a film-aholic)
DSis3: Hunger Games book trilogy
Dbro: DnB cd

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now