My feed

to access all these features

Share your toy stories and recommendations on our Toy and Games forum.

Toys and games

Wooden train track angst.

6 replies

Changebagsandgladrags · 15/11/2010 12:35

We've been building up trains and track now for two years but we had to pack it all up to get ready for new carpet to be fitted.

I'll call the nobbly end of the track the nobble and the non-nobbly bit the hole.

Last night I tried to put the track back how it was, but DS now has an extra train station. Got that in, but now I am left with two holes adjoining. I took it all off, started again, but nope, two holes.

Now I know there are some accessories which come double-nobbled as we had one in the set, but this is being used on another loop. I think by using the turntable it creates double holes in some parts.

So anyone know where I can get these double-nobbled bits of track or even some sort of track-stop or something interesting which means I don't have to complete the loop?

I can't go into a shop and say "Hi, do you have a double-nobbled track piece"

OP posts:
AvengingGerbil · 15/11/2010 12:40

Annoying, isn't it? I used to use a piece of matchstick with a blob of blu-tak on either end to act as 'joiners' (until my sainted father decided that making them with his infinite wood-carving equipment was the way to go).

AvengingGerbil · 15/11/2010 12:41

Alternatively, what you need is a buffer.

elphabadefiesgravity · 15/11/2010 12:42


lljkk · 15/11/2010 12:46

Tesco's sell (or used to, anyway) the sort of odd pieces you want, 2 female or 2 male ends. Essential equipment! Is probably the same kit you'll find on Ebay, but at a cheaper price.

Changebagsandgladrags · 15/11/2010 13:28

Male and female parts Grin so I need a piece with two male parts.

OK, so am I going to be able to ask in a shop for a double male without giggling.

Buffers would also solve the problem :)

OP posts:
lljkk · 15/11/2010 13:40

Asda used to sell the same sorts of things, on Ebay they call them Wooden track minis, you want this, right?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.