My feed

to access all these features

Use our Single Parent forum to speak to other parents raising a child alone.

Lone parents

ex dh, has declared himself bankrupt, and they have sent ME a letter. shit

8 replies

pirategirl · 27/09/2007 14:10

it just say do i agess with what he says about a certain amount of £ and that i had this £ when we split?

I have rung my solicitor, who said I'm not in trub, but I just wondered why they would need to ask me>

I cant believe this has happened to him, we didnt have much when we were together, but he spent his bit inthe a matter of months after we spit. Whereas I have been v frugal, and squirreled it away for dd.

Why would they want to know abotu this money when it ws 2 1/2 yrs ago, and the bankrupt thing had just happened.

I have been trying to ring the woman all day.

Anyhow, call me sad, but I actaully feel a bit sorry for him, what a twonk.

OP posts:
pirategirl · 27/09/2007 14:10

it just says do i 'agree'

OP posts:
mytwopenceworth · 27/09/2007 14:11

It's normal, they just check everything out. Just tell the truth.

pirategirl · 27/09/2007 14:13

pmsl, i feel like saying, no i have no idea what he is talking about, he must have it hidden somewhere lol.


OP posts:
mytwopenceworth · 27/09/2007 14:15

Well, put that if it's true.

If it's not - norty norty you for even thinking it

pirategirl · 27/09/2007 14:18

i am to ring them, will try again , as this woman i'm supposed to speak to has been in a meeting all day so far.

Just want to getit over with.

OP posts:
pirategirl · 27/09/2007 17:57

spoke to the woman, she could not belive i knew nothing about this. i explained we were divorced. She cant be 100% that I wont be liable for some of his debt tho.

This is f ing ridiculous, i ahvent lived with him since 2005. My slicitor said that i will be ok.

But i had to just write a letter to the insolvency people, and state i am on bens etc now, and that i havew nothing to do with him and that my name wasnt officially on the business he had at the time.


OP posts:
Theclosetpagan · 27/09/2007 18:03

Hi PG - check out Debt Help UK. If you go to the bottom of their webpage there's a section which says "resources". Click on this and it will offer you various options including the debt help uk forum. One of the blokes who posts on there is an Official Reciever and very knowledgable about what can and cannot be done. I reckon he'd say there is no comeback on you and that the OR appointed for your ex DH is just checking out all the facts.

pirategirl · 27/09/2007 18:54

thanks will check it out. x

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.