My feed

to access all these features

Here you'll find divorce help and support from other Mners. For legal advice, you may find Advice Now guides useful.


Fixed fee solicitor

7 replies

TreeTop7 · 30/12/2016 18:20

One of the longstanding firms in my area that's also a member of Resolution, is offering £199 + VAT. Obviously the court fee must be paid in addition to that.

It sounds v cheap and maybe too good to be true. Any thoughts? I'm hoping that there won't be lots of time consuming fighting between ex and me, but who knows how things will turn out. Maybe they will charge more for "acrimonious" splits.

OP posts:
MrsBertBibby · 30/12/2016 19:47

I imagine that's just for the divorce, assuming it's undefended. It won't include finances or kids!

TreeTop7 · 30/12/2016 19:57

Thanks Bert!

OP posts:
babybarrister · 02/01/2017 20:10

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TreeTop7 · 02/01/2017 21:07

Thanks babybarrister.

OP posts:
sparechange · 02/01/2017 21:11

Will he have legal representation?

Occasionally, the judge will kick back a mutually agreed financial order which favours one party if one or both don't have legal advice, to double check one party hasn't been duped.

If you can afford it, I probably would just to get a sanity check on the form E and to be able to state both parties have had advice.
It money is tight and you have half a brain, it might be worth doing it without. There are online services for about th same

babybarrister · 02/01/2017 21:32

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TreeTop7 · 02/01/2017 22:47

Not sure yet, sparechange. We haven't talked properly. He probably will get a solicitor. As will I. Decent legal advice is worth the £.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.