Talk

Advanced search

Finding a yoga class / teacher in a town

(7 Posts)
Ta1kinPeace Fri 03-Mar-17 18:43:20

Does anybody have any "go-to" websites for finding yoga classes in different towns?

A friend is looking for a beginner non-om class (he's over 50 and likes beer)
and I'm not sure where to look to help out ...

RhinestoneCowgirl Fri 03-Mar-17 18:44:52

I would look at local community centres, more likely to have more accessible yoga classes?

Ta1kinPeace Fri 03-Mar-17 18:49:58

I can go through all the different community centre websites but wondered if anything like BWY had a decent comprehensive list ...

ToastyToasty Sat 04-Mar-17 06:59:58

Try yoga hub.co.uk
And sometimes there's no way of knowing how Om-ish a class is, you might have to try a few to find the right class for you. I know some men only classes exist near me so your friend might find something like that easier to get on with if there are any near you
Good luck & you're a good friend for helping them try & find their path to yoga! smile

Marvellousmarg Mon 27-Mar-17 18:15:32

Word of mouth is best. I practice iyengar yoga. Iyengar yoga UK. Website has a local teacher search engine.

LordEmsworth Fri 31-Mar-17 06:37:36

Iyengaryoga.org.uk has a search function, as does bwy.org.uk.

salsamummy Sun 02-Jul-17 07:43:43

I teach at a local leisure centre. Classes are reasonable and possibly a bit less intimidating though I do room in class. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: