Talk

Advanced search

Time off work for pre op

(8 Posts)
namechanger00 Wed 30-Oct-19 19:16:51

Hi Im having a pre op in a couple of weeks time and my manager is saying I can't have the day off as another member if staff is off that day. I have told him I can work another day that week or take holiday or unpaid but he is refusing.
Can he do this?

OP’s posts: |
siriusblackthemischieviouscat Wed 30-Oct-19 19:42:15

You need to look at your leave of absence policy and see what it says.

Do you really need a whole day off? I've had them before and its just like a normal hospital appointment.

namechanger00 Wed 30-Oct-19 19:45:02

Yeah will need the whole day off as hospital is 2 1/2 hours away. Would be good if it was at my local hospital but op will be in this hospital so have to go there.

Lazypuppy Thu 31-Oct-19 18:38:40

Presume you need to take it as annual leave so yes you boss can refuse the leave request. Can the hospital do it on a different day?

namechanger00 Thu 31-Oct-19 19:22:13

No they only do pre ops on Thursdays which is my working day.

Mamasaurus82 Thu 31-Oct-19 19:26:02

That sucks. You can't help needing an operation and they shouldn't be adding more stress to the situation. If you've been there a while I would have thought you'd be granted a day off... flowers

Lazypuppy Fri 01-Nov-19 07:25:29

Could you try and get an appointment for late afternoon then you could work the morning and just take a half day?

namechanger00 Fri 01-Nov-19 19:37:42

I did ask if I could have a later appointment but they said no as I'm not just having the assessment im having a scan and nasoendoscopy too so need to be at the hospital in the morning.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in