Talk

Advanced search

Terrified of work

(6 Posts)
theyvegotme Sun 08-Sep-19 10:10:48

I've been at the same company for ten years. My work has been praised many times and was promoted very quickly.

A little while ago I cause to complain about how I was treated by a manager giving me feedback. I was torn apart, shouted at and completely undermined. This was three years work. The person giving the feedback has oversaw the project the whole time. Hardly a peep of feedback out of her for those three years, other than "it's all lovely".

Now, I've been put on capability review and I'm terrified. I genuinely feel like I'm being set up to fail. I've got an appointment with a union rep on Tuesday.

Bloody terrified.

theyvegotme Sun 08-Sep-19 11:12:49

Bump

PurpleWithRed Sun 08-Sep-19 11:15:15

That's horrible, of course you are shaken.

Do you have any written feedback from the three years on the project before the wind suddenly changed?

theyvegotme Sun 08-Sep-19 11:22:14

Shit loads.

BedraggledBlitz Sun 08-Sep-19 12:38:03

How crap for you. Your union rep will help you.

Are you saying that you complained about manager, then they retaliated with this? That's so unprofessional.

Keep your head up high, 3 years of positive work cannot just be erased. X

WineIsMyMainVice Thu 12-Sep-19 17:57:29

I’m glad you’re seeing your union rep - that’s what you pay for after all!
The fact that this is the first time in 3 years you’ve been given any negative feedback will go in your favour.
Just make sure that you come out of the meeting understanding exactly what they are expecting of you and what support/guidance/training they are going to give you to help you achieve it.
Good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »