Advanced search

Want to become self-employed in the UK but currently abroad...

(3 Posts)
Almondmilk Thu 12-Jan-17 12:18:32

Hi all,
I used to live in London and I am now abroad but I am about to come back! I would like to set up my 'business' before coming back. Can anyone explain to me what's the process? I have made around 12000£ last year and I would rather pay my taxes in the UK when where I am now...
Do I need an address in the UK to validate my status?
Thanks for your tips!

OP’s posts: |
Kanga59 Sun 22-Jan-17 06:47:57

You'd need to be living and working in/from the UK for it to be uk self-employment where you can access your personal allowance

LALALALALAND Sun 22-Jan-17 12:42:58

This is exceptionally complex. You need specialist advice or you may end up paying tax in multiple countries. No-one on mumsnet is going to be able to advise you and it isn't an area in which you should take advice on the internet.

That said- sounds like you are trying to tax dodge in the country that you are now living which is pretty poor form.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in