am i paying too much national insurance?

(3 Posts)
unclebumpkin Fri 06-Feb-15 18:49:12

You have to pay national insurance is you're self-employed. You also pay ni payments if you're employed by somebody else. You also get NI payments if you're on jobseekers allowance. Can somebody please explain how this all works? Am I just paying too much national insurance? I am unsure whether to stop being registered as self employed at the moment. Or do you just get the money back somehow? Sorry for my ignorance...

OP’s posts: |
Lulu3108 Fri 06-Feb-15 18:50:49

Ring the tax office HM Revenue and customs. Sorry to sound blunt but they are really rhe only people to answer you correctly....

unclebumpkin Sat 07-Feb-15 10:22:39

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in