Talk

Advanced search

Asking your advice on ready made quilting squares that can be written on to make a quilt for a friend who has lost her husband very suddenly and unexpectedly

(5 Posts)
MeTigger Thu 22-Nov-18 09:52:16

Dear Woolly Hugs, my friend has just lost her husband very suddenly and very unexpectedly- he was just 46.

He was very well thought of within our community, and we anticipate a big attendance at his service.

We were thinking of capturing everyone’s favourite memories of him by asking everyone who attends to write their memories on a pre-cut quilt square. We could then sew these to make a quilt each for his wife, his son and his daughter.

I’ve googled but the choice is overwhelming and this is definitely not my area of expertise. I wondered if you kind folks would be able to recommend plain pre-cut quilting squares in ‘man’ colours that could be written on with a sharpie?

Many thanks in advance

KnottyAndPistey Thu 29-Nov-18 09:26:56

Oh my word, such sad news, how lovely of you to be making this for them

Not much experience here either, but definitely avoid a sharpie as it will bleed into the fabric, would suggest buying some fabric pens, am just going to google these, two ticks xx

KnottyAndPistey Thu 29-Nov-18 09:27:26

so sorry if we are too late, normally we get threads flagged, but not this time sad

KnottyAndPistey Thu 29-Nov-18 09:28:17

This kind of thing then they are permanent and the right thing for the job

redastra Thu 29-Nov-18 23:47:51

Hi MeTigger

Sorry for your loss.

I do some patchwork quilting. Whereabouts are you? There are quite a few patchwork groups who would probably be able to help you!

But please pm me and I can see what I can do to help xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »