Talk

Advanced search

Why is everyone distancing themselves from Mermaids?

(19 Posts)
Glinner Wed 12-Aug-20 18:54:08

Could be nothing, could be everything

grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/could-be-nothing-could-be-everything

OP’s posts: |
highame Wed 12-Aug-20 18:55:29

This is already running on two threads

Totickleamockingbird Wed 12-Aug-20 19:00:12

Thanks for posting this. I have asked on the other thread. It looks quite confusing at the moment.

Dervel Wed 12-Aug-20 19:01:54

@Glinner thanks! I’ve been a bit mystified too to be honest! Loved all your shows btw!

Scout2016 Wed 12-Aug-20 19:45:37

Thank you. I have been keeping an eye on the other threads but wanted to say I only recently found your interviews and have been enjoying them immensely. I wondered what you were up to after your twitter exile... following what was happening to you with SH's ego trip hounding you to court was one of the first things that made me aware how much transition the TRAs had gained.

PumpkinSpiceWoman Wed 12-Aug-20 22:59:53

I'm confused, because Stonewall is clearlyy still mentioning Mermaids if you search for it, mabye Mr Glinner is confused about that?

DoctorTwo Thu 13-Aug-20 00:41:09

Isn't sunlight wonderful Graham? Thank you for what you do for children and keeping women's spaces male free.

thinkingaboutLangCleg Thu 13-Aug-20 00:49:54

Stonewall and Mermaids are both trans lobby groups, Pumpkin, so they back each other up. The interesting news is that big organisations like the NHS and BBC are backing away from them.

AnotherLass Thu 13-Aug-20 01:43:11

There are old blog posts that talk about Mermaids, but Stonewall's dedicated Mermaids page looks like this: www.stonewall.org.uk/organisations/mermaids

WhoWants2Know Thu 13-Aug-20 03:05:45

Mermaids is trending very high on Twitter tonight, after a Times article tells how the high court banned Mermaids from contact with a family who followed their advice and forced a boy to live as a girl.

Still looking for a share token.

KarenFitzkaren Thu 13-Aug-20 03:27:51

Thanks Graham.

WhoWants2Know Thu 13-Aug-20 03:32:10

Actually, that may have been an old article. But it looks like Stonewall have possibly removed links to Mermaids as well.

SheWhoMustNotBeHeard Sat 15-Aug-20 12:12:28

The Baronness has her own views and she is definitely right about the fear.

OldCrone Sat 15-Aug-20 12:20:50

The NHS still link to them and recommend them.

www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/think-your-child-might-be-trans-or-non-binary/

There's a link from this page to a site called 'Tranzwiki', which is part of GIRES. From that page is a link to Mermaids.

www.tranzwiki.net/regions/uk-wide?tags=all

According to the NHS, "The charities listed in the TranzWiki are there to help you".

Skyliner001 Sat 15-Aug-20 18:28:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Skyliner001 Sat 15-Aug-20 18:29:12

Scout2016

Thank you. I have been keeping an eye on the other threads but wanted to say I only recently found your interviews and have been enjoying them immensely. I wondered what you were up to after your twitter exile... following what was happening to you with SH's ego trip hounding you to court was one of the first things that made me aware how much transition the TRAs had gained.

As above.

rabbitwoman Sun 16-Aug-20 06:56:10

You can count me as a sycophant too, Skyliner001!!

Big fan, Glinner. Huge.

lionheart Mon 17-Aug-20 19:04:33

savageminds.substack.com/p/the-power-of-the-senseless

'On the Scrubbing of Public Memory.'

highame Mon 17-Aug-20 19:26:43

That's an interesting piece rabbit but I'm not too sure everyone is deleting with the vigour he implies. However, we live in hope.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in