Talk

Advanced search

Russell Howard on childhood gender stereotyping

(9 Posts)
northender Sun 12-Nov-17 08:21:52

Did anyone else see this? It was part of his Sky One programme this week. Not sure I can link on my iPad but the clip is on YouTube titled "Why are girls toys patronising and shit".. Nothing new or earth shattering in it but I just thought it was refreshing to see on mainstream tv

Trills Sun 12-Nov-17 08:42:12

Does this help?
www.imore.com/how-quickly-copy-urls-search-and-visit-websites-safari-your-ipad

Or perhaps this if you are using the YouTube app
www.imore.com/how-share-youtube-video-someone-youtube-ios

northender Sun 12-Nov-17 08:45:18

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=joC988_EzDE

We'll see if this works!

northender Sun 12-Nov-17 08:46:09

Thanks Trills

Trills Sun 12-Nov-17 08:58:36

I think it worked!

Trills Sun 12-Nov-17 09:04:20

Russell Howard seems like a nice lad.

He's probably as old as me but he seems young somehow.

PovertyPain Sun 12-Nov-17 09:15:25

Brilliant, but you know it's sad that most of the audience will think he's made some good points, but if it was a female comedian, they'd laugh, but think she's just pretending to be a hard nosed feminist. Ironically, they will pay more heed to a man making those points, than a woman

picklemepopcorn Sun 12-Nov-17 12:29:30

He does have a talent for communication, whatever he talks about. I’ve seen some great stuff he's done. Presumably there are researchers gathering his material, but he delivers it very engagingly.

Mrstumbletap Sun 12-Nov-17 21:58:48

That was good and made me watch about 10 more videos of his. Never really watched him before but I seem to agree with a lot of what he says.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now