I am Spartacus Action Group Anyone?

(117 Posts)
CoolJazz Tue 31-Jan-17 08:13:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CharlieSierra Thu 16-Feb-17 08:04:08

Anyone seen this? it's excellent.

notazerosumgame.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/how-do-they-know-who-to-kill.html

elusivemoosive Thu 16-Feb-17 09:05:26

Regarding the event in Cheltenham, who is it for? Can any one who is interested book onto this? I am just a plain ole interested woman. I have no real knowledge beyond what I read on here, and my own thoughts. Is it for women like me?

EmpressOfTheSpartacusOceans Thu 16-Feb-17 09:25:48

Elusive, I'd say that any woman who's concerned and wants to know more about this would be welcome. I'd be going if I could.

And you can gang up with the other MNers! Prawn is lovely & I'm sure the others are too.

Prawnofthepatriarchy Thu 16-Feb-17 12:46:25

I went to a feminist conference last summer. It was the first time I'd been to something like that and I was a little bit uncertain because I remember being told I wasn't a feminist in my teens because I wore make up and had sex with men. Mind you, that was a long time ago.

I needn't have worried. Everyone was so friendly. I had a brilliant time. I'm very keen to go to Cheltenham, just working out if I can afford it. Will say as soon as I've bought my ticket.

CharlieSierra Thu 16-Feb-17 14:37:23

I've bought a ticket Elusive, I am lovely too! grin

bejiggery Thu 16-Feb-17 17:13:28

I know that women will be allowed to fight in all areas of the army by 2018 anyway but they aren't allowed in all areas now. Surely women who look like women but say they identify as men could join the army straight away if self identification goes through before then? I think it's only when this nonsense directly threatens men that it will be taken seriously to be honest. Would be interesting to see how the army would treat a transman still looking like a very feminine women but identifying as a man because, they just feel like one!

Perhaps if self identification goes through we should ALL become transmen. We wouldn't have to change anything about ourselves would we, plus we would be instant special snowflakes and could join in with some more even more unreasonable demands, such as safe spaces for men with vulvas? If people refused we would die on mass and cause a terrible scene.

Of course I would then in theory be in a gay relationship, and my husband might not be happy about his new status. However that would not be an issue as only my needs matter really don't they I could post some videos about how he was being a massive twat if he complained and the other transmen could threaten him with rape and death the fool.

I could also purchase a strap on for authenticity and use socks without the need for invasive and un-necessary surgery. My girl face and chest are no ones business. In fact I may become a trans man today after all I used to be a bit of a tomboy and was misgendered loads of time in my youth how I am alive today is a fucking miracle.

So If it goes through perhaps we should give them exactly what they are asking for. 51% of women could become men and leave the trans women to it.

Don't most of us already identify as a male and have outed ourselves as being Spartacus.

My male vulva is getting an erection just thinking about it all. Let's take this madness to the men and erase women ourselves and become trans men with vulvas. #mannotterf

Datun Thu 16-Feb-17 18:42:48

bejiggery

other transmen could threaten him with rape and death the fool.

That made me proper laugh out loud. Still wheezing.

By way of an aside, I managed to convert a girlfriend of mine to terfhood in about 30 seconds today by showing her some of these threads.

Datun Thu 16-Feb-17 18:44:09

#mannoterf

And

#deaththefool

I'm seriously going to have to get some T-shirts made.

Datun Thu 16-Feb-17 18:46:00

Oh! I read it as 'death-the-fool'

Not rape and threaten him with death, the fool !

Nevertheless, I still think you should copyright it.

geekaMaxima Fri 17-Feb-17 17:47:12

Would be interesting to see how the army would treat a transman still looking like a very feminine women but identifying as a man because, they just feel like one!

And all-male golf clubs like Muirfield, who voted 2:1 to keep women out only a couple of years ago.

And "gentlemen's" clubs like White's, hostile to women since the 17th century.

grin

Datun Sat 18-Feb-17 10:41:35

And "gentlemen's" clubs like White's, hostile to women since the 17th century.

Well, quite. I don't have the slightest interest in accessing gentlemen's clubs, but I'd love to see how the men dealt with it. Because the trans issue is having little impact on them at the moment.

Primogeniture is also excluded under the trans discrimination law. So an older sister cannot suddenly identify as a man and inherit the title.

Can it possibly be that there are those who think someone might not be strictly honest with their reasons for transitioning? Surely not.

Or is it only acceptable to doubt the veracity of this ideology if you are a man who might possibly be disadvantaged?

'The fact that a person's gender has become the acquired gender under this Act (a) does not affect the descent of any peerage or dignity or title of honour, and (b) does not affect the devolution of any property.

MercyMyJewels Sun 19-Feb-17 16:15:21

Any Californian MNers?

wolffestival.org/info this looks great. I want to go

Poppyred85 Sun 19-Feb-17 21:44:19

Argh, the one time there's an event like this in my bit of the world and I can't go. Have just started following fair play for women on facebook. I had an interesting conversation with my Ds yesterday who was adamant that men could be pregnant. It took a bit of sorting out but we got there in the end. He is only 4 mind, and is rather sticking to thinking only girls can be doctors (mummy's job) and only be boys can be builders (daddy's job). We'll have to try and tackle that one another day! grin

user1487544648 Sun 19-Feb-17 23:12:50

If you are concerned about the Second Reading of the Gender Identity (Protected Characteristic) Bill 2016-2017 scheduled for 24 February 2017 and its impact upon young adults and children please refer to this website for a comprehensive overview and how best to respond to protect the rights of children and young people: www.transgendertrend.com/gender-identity-rights-of-the-child/

Prawnofthepatriarchy Mon 20-Feb-17 20:17:52

I've just bought my ticket for the feminist event in Cheltenham on 11th March. So excited!

I know CharlieSierra is going, and Gingernaut. Who else is going? Please PM me. smile

MaryGilbeaux Fri 06-Oct-17 19:27:32

I am the mother of a ftm transgender son. He presents as male, and for safety's sake he doesn't correct anyone who assumes he is a natal male. But he calls himself a transman; he doesn't assert that he's just as much a man as is George Clooney eg. Having transitioned, he quietly lives his life.
Where are the mtf transsexuals who quietly live their lives? They don't, so often.
Trying to infiltrate natal women's space - it's a kind of rape. OK, they aren't penetrating individual women with their unwanted penis.
They're insisting on their right to penetrate groups of unwilling women with their entire bodies.
Makes me sick.

morningrunner Fri 06-Oct-17 19:33:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »