Talk

Advanced search

Feminism tattoo

(9 Posts)
PixieMiss Sun 22-Jan-17 16:01:02

I am a lover of tattoos and a feminist of course. I am thinking of combining the two!

I would never even dream of copying anyones tattoo but does anyone have a related tattoo that they might like to share?

I am aware that there are lots of threads in this topic supporting serious and real issues so I hope a more of a "light hearted" topic doesn't offend anyone smile

Xenophile Sun 22-Jan-17 17:18:21

Can't see why anyone would be offended, I'd be interested to see if anyone has any good feminist ink to show off as well.

wonderstuff Sun 22-Jan-17 17:19:54

marking my place.

GardenGeek Sun 22-Jan-17 17:21:08

I know someone with lots of great feminist ink. Each one is so beautiful in its own right but also has some incredible literary feminist story behind it, which goes straight over my head -- as I dont read literature--

But they are lovely grin

Goodluck with your search.

CaoNiMa Mon 23-Jan-17 07:44:57

One of my tattoos has feminist implications. It's a white tattoo on the back of my neck, and it's meant to resemble the "swallow tail" makeup that geishas wear. In a round-about way, it symbolises/expresses solidarity with women who are used for male entertainment/pleasure.

PixieMiss Mon 23-Jan-17 17:58:16

White tattoo sounds fantastic Cao

When I was younger I remember seeing a tattoo similar to the one I have pictured. It really stuck with me as I interpreted it as "you can still wear makeup/take an interest in your appearance and be a feminist". At the time, alot of messages coming my way were if you groom/wear makeup/wear nice clothes then you cared too much about your appearance and couldn't possibly be a feminist.

KanyeWesticle Tue 24-Jan-17 13:04:22

You reminded me of this Stylist article - lots of good examples here.
www.stylist.co.uk/beauty/discreet-yet-powerful-feminist-tattoos

I love tattoos on others, and some here are brilliant, but personally, I''m not sure I could "pull off" a tattoo - and I'm questioning now, what that says about my identity and self-image.

EnidColeslaw771 Wed 25-Jan-17 23:25:32

I've been toying with the idea of an xx tattoo

BeyondCanSeeTheEmperorsBellend Thu 26-Jan-17 13:53:36

I have a Phoenix, while it was being done my tattooist was telling me that (she has just returned from Vietnam) they are the symbol for female there.

I'm toying with this one...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now