Talk

Advanced search

If a guy had this video on his online dating profile..

(11 Posts)
StuffezLaYoni Tue 21-May-13 22:31:07

What would you think?
vimeo.com/64941331
I think it's quite good, but it seems slightly....odd of a choice for a man to put on his profile.

arsenaltilidie Tue 21-May-13 23:49:09

STAY AWAY FROM THAT PERSON

Blue Pill: blissful ignorance of illusion, basically doesn't know feminism is taking over. He is perceived as under the thumb.

Red Pill: Thinks feminism is taking over. So he has to be an 'Alpha' man. He treats women hot and cold so that they are hooked/addicted to him.
Basically treat her like shit, ignore her, get into her head..be 'alpha.' They hate women or only want them for one thing.
Red Pill person is EVERYTHING against feminism.

Google: heartiste blog to understand what sort of person is a red pill.

Please do not go out with him, his aim is to get you to bow down to him.

StuffezLaYoni Wed 22-May-13 06:53:20

I thought it was saying the opposite... Like, he was ridiculing the men who fear any kind of progress in feminism.
Either way, I most likely wont reply.

YoniTime Wed 22-May-13 09:24:52

Wtaf at that first reply...
Yes that video is ridiculing "nice guys". Don't know why someone would put that on their dating profile...to make fun of them and show that he is not one of them? Because sincerely stating that you're afraid of women isn't the smartest strategy on a dating site is it.

CrapsWithBears Wed 22-May-13 09:36:40

I ignore the first comment, it's a load of scaremongering tosh. The feminazi stole my ice cream is a pisstake of 'nice guys' and has become an internet meme for those who are anti-MRA (I'm talking the MRAs who think feminists are causing the downfall of civilization.)

The full song.

CrapsWithBears Wed 22-May-13 09:37:20

I'd

arsenaltilidie Wed 22-May-13 16:09:42

got it wrong, though it was the other way round blush

ParsleyTheLioness Wed 22-May-13 16:12:49

Quite odd. I would avoid.

MiniTheMinx Wed 22-May-13 19:30:38

I'd assume he was pro feminism.

Italiangreyhound Sat 25-May-13 03:07:06

I wouldn't dream to say what you should think of the person who posted this on his online dating profile.

Here are a couple of links relating to the guy who made the clip.

jezebel.com/animator-scott-benson-eviscerates-mra-arguments-with-cl-483874096

bombsfall.tumblr.com/post/49106219582/some-concluding-thoughts-and-answers-to-questions

Thanks for posting this, it got me going all over the Internet and reading interesting and scary stuff like this www.bostonmagazine.com/2012/08/angry-men-feminist-agenda/

kickassangel Sat 25-May-13 03:38:49

Thanks for the link, greyhound. I am supposed to be studying for my MA but that has been an enjoyable half hour read.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now