Talk

Advanced search

A world without men

(67 Posts)
kim147 Mon 01-Oct-12 21:20:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

exoticfruits Mon 01-Oct-12 21:37:43

Of course it would still have hierarchy and exploitation. I have had 3 bad bosses and they were all women!

exoticfruits Mon 01-Oct-12 21:39:11

I have had excellent women bosses.

exoticfruits Mon 01-Oct-12 21:44:57

You only have to read MN to know it would be hell on earth! Everyone telling everyone else what to do, being very judgemental and justifying themselves by proving themselves better. It would all be very serious - no laughing at yourself.

kim147 Mon 01-Oct-12 22:15:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

exoticfruits Mon 01-Oct-12 22:18:11

Of course they would - you wouldn't part some women from their shoes and makeup.

EchoBitch Mon 01-Oct-12 22:21:28

Would be pretty dull.
And what would happen to DSs and DP.

Labour camps maybe?

margerykemp Mon 01-Oct-12 22:30:19

is entirely possible given that we only need a few of them to produce enough sperm to keep the species going

an excess of them is superfluous and a rather inefficient use of our limited resources

afussyphase Mon 01-Oct-12 22:41:42

I don't think there would be child soldiers (or many wars), speaking of taking things seriously! ... I'll take judgey-pants any day.

blueshoes Mon 01-Oct-12 22:51:15

I like men. They are easier to talk to, more transparent, straightforward, and huggable.

Uppercut Mon 01-Oct-12 23:05:42

EchoBitch
"And what would happen to DSs and DP.

Labour camps maybe? "

Your son's semen would be mechanically milked. After a sufficient quantity of viable sperm was extracted he would be euthanized. After all, a world without men isn't going to happen by magic.

The resulting utopian feminist paradise would be run by a multitude of Margaret Thatcher-types.

Enjoy!

OTheHugeManatee Mon 01-Oct-12 23:07:26

I lived in a separatist all-female commune for a bit.

Never again shock

joanofarchitrave Mon 01-Oct-12 23:07:48

It would be as Utopian and delightful as a world without women.

susiedaisy Mon 01-Oct-12 23:08:32

It would be just as bad eventually!

WorriedBetty Mon 01-Oct-12 23:10:34

No internet or IT probably, have you smelt the IT dept recently...grin

Startailoforangeandgold Mon 01-Oct-12 23:11:53

And full of bitchy, cliquey, incomprehensible women. No thanks!

ShirtyKnot Mon 01-Oct-12 23:14:21

Lots of self hatred on this thread!

Startailoforangeandgold Mon 01-Oct-12 23:23:02

Not self hatred because I'm a person first and a woman second.
I've never got and don't want to get, the pecking order that female groups seem to have.
I much prefer male company, when groups chat about something interesting without the strange undercurrents that pervade female company.

ShirtyKnot Mon 01-Oct-12 23:30:15

I don't even know what that means! "I'm a person first", that seems to be stating the bloody obvious unless a particularly intelligent monkey has stolen your laptop? grin

It sounds like you don't like women much, if you are one then that's sort of self hatred. <shrugs>, I think it sounds like you've met some arseholes - they're nt exclusively women you know?

FromEsme Mon 01-Oct-12 23:34:31

Never understood this thing that women are "bitchy" and "gossipy" and men are straightforward. Has never played itself out in my experience.

AbigailAdams Mon 01-Oct-12 23:55:24

I agree FromEsme.

Lots of misogyny on here. Pleasing to see in FWR.

I don't think you can just equate how women behave now, under a patriarchy with how they would behave if the patriarchy and more importantly its "values" were removed.

CuttedUpPear Mon 01-Oct-12 23:57:12

The two most unpleasant people I know in the world are female. Unfortunately.
I like men's company too, it doesn't stop me being a feminist - or telling them that they can be feminists too.

solidgoldbrass Tue 02-Oct-12 00:01:19

I think human beings are capable of being power-hungry, spiteful and selfish, and very tribal - we have evolved to be simultaneously competitive and co-operative and female brains are not sufficiently different from male brains for it to be just a case of Get Rid Of Men and there will be No More Violence. So I don't think that a man-free world would be a happy, peaceful, egalitarian paradise.

Japple Tue 02-Oct-12 00:36:35

..Men Built the World for the Women that "Decorate" their world.Who would
build your Bridges,skyscrapers,roads,and transportation...? What would all of
the Hookers do? Who would sing Love Songs to you? We need a Balance in this
world...and Not someone who would Fly off the handle because they Cracked a
Nail...

FromEsme Tue 02-Oct-12 00:37:25

I would answer your post, Japple , but I can't see to type for rolling my eyes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now