Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have the urge to put a shovel through the telly every time "The Wright Stuff" is on?

(9 Posts)
ChineapplePunk Thu 15-Sep-11 18:50:50

I just can't understand why such a keen misogynist as Matthew Wright gets paid to deliver dross like this? This morning it was a diatribe about "young girls who get pregnant just to get flats, and don't give a toss about their babies". And this is by no means unusual. He portrays women as money-grabbing, vindictive bitches on a fairly regular basis.

bluerodeo Thu 15-Sep-11 18:55:14

it's the lowest common demonimator TV though.......made for the daily mail market etc etc
i don't watch it, find him outrageously smug <shudder>

ChineapplePunk Thu 15-Sep-11 18:57:32

I make a point of never watching it. However, I always seem to catch it when channel surfing, and that really got to me this morning. Even worse is when not one person challenges him on this crap.

Bourbonchops Thu 15-Sep-11 19:55:48

Can't stand that guy! Smug twat...
The first time I wanted to throw something at the telly when watching this was when he was mocking women who complained that childbirth was painful. What the frig would he know? Grrr

TrillianAstra Thu 15-Sep-11 19:59:44

I've never seen it.

Sounds like I should keep it that way.

Yama Thu 15-Sep-11 20:06:47

I quite enjoyed watching it on my maternity leaves. He does occasionally stand up for women/attack men who hurt women.

Dunno, he was often a shining beacon of feminist ideology compared to some of his guests. Some Dominic Twatface with an actor son springs to mind.

ChineapplePunk Thu 15-Sep-11 20:48:17

I've never been fortunate enough to see that side of him.

KRICRI Thu 15-Sep-11 21:06:52

Who?

(it's great not to have a telly.)

JLK2 Thu 15-Sep-11 22:22:17

If anything I think the show is overly liberal. They used to fawn over everything NL did and only ever had token conservative panellists on, usually outnumbered by 3 liberals.

OP, why don't you ring them up and tell MW you think he's wrong?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now