Talk

Advanced search

Aw bollocks, I feel like not accepting this quote based on this.

(16 Posts)
Reality Tue 05-Jul-11 19:44:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SybilBeddows Tue 05-Jul-11 19:45:44

accept his quote and harangue him when he's in the middle of something and can't get away.
as an added bonus, it will make him finish the job more quickly.

Hullygully Tue 05-Jul-11 19:47:00

You really need to shave

Cattleprod Tue 05-Jul-11 19:47:13

Write his deposit cheque to Mrs Builder grin

SamsGoldilocks Tue 05-Jul-11 19:54:21

hully grin

bigbadbarry Tue 05-Jul-11 19:55:13

I didn't use a removal firm recently because after I explained that I would like him to quote fort packing as well as removing, because I was not interested in packing myself, he said "does he mind", insinuation being that I was spending my husband's money in a frivolous fashion. I really liked him, too, until that.

bottersnike Tue 05-Jul-11 19:56:16

Love your idea, Cattleprod!!

Reality Tue 05-Jul-11 19:57:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TimeWasting Tue 05-Jul-11 20:03:01

Cattleprod, love it. grin

Bumperlicioso Tue 05-Jul-11 20:03:12

Great idea cattleprod.

I'd hire him but would have words.

Grumpla Tue 05-Jul-11 20:08:44

What Cattleprod says smile

WriterofDreams Tue 05-Jul-11 22:52:35

I would send the quote back to him with a letter explaining that he must have got his clients mixed up, that you're not a man, and could he send you your quote please? That way he feels like a tit, he gets the point but at the same time he can't dismiss you as a hairy feminist (despite the beard grin)

wicketkeeper Fri 08-Jul-11 22:09:57

If this is all that worries you, you're either very lucky or not looking hard enough. Accept the quote with good grace (if I had £1 for every time I get called Mr...) and save your strength for the stuff that really matters.

forkful Fri 08-Jul-11 22:20:35

Wow wicketkeeper - what a great contribution to the thread hmm.

Do you realise that this is posted in the Feminism section.

Reality procured the quote and dealt with him and he addressed in to MrReality - dreadful patriarchal view of man "as head of household".

As to why people here don't need to "save our strength for stuff that really matters" 0- go look here and then here.

forkful Fri 08-Jul-11 22:23:44

on reflection wicketkeeper my first sentance above is less than helpful am in a froth about Roger Alton see NOTW thread. Sorry blush.

Since you seem to be concerned about female doctors being assumed to be nurses etc (just seen other thread) - can you not see the parallels to the situation being discussed on this thread? (Genuine Q).

falasportugues Fri 08-Jul-11 23:12:01

forkful,
thanks for those links. i'm really glad you put them up, and i have been looking at them with great interest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now