Endometrial biopsy anyone had one?

(6 Posts)
missyB1 Thu 21-May-20 16:46:05

I have to go to the GP for an endometrial biopsy next week. I’ve had post menopausal bleeding for a couple of weeks so I rang GP today. I’m absolutely dreading it because I’ve always struggled with smear tests and for this they obviously have to go in deeper. I also have vaginal atrophy thanks to the lovely menopause sad which probably won’t help!
Just wondered if anyone on here has had this done and how bad it is?

OP’s posts: |
Idododoidadada Thu 21-May-20 18:48:06

I had one at a gynae dept. She said I’d feel a small pinch. That’s really all it was, the speculum was way worse than the pinch.
If you are concerned, take a couple of paracetamol half hour before your appointment.

Idododoidadada Thu 21-May-20 18:49:08

Sorry, posted too soon, just try not to worry but do explain your concerns when you go in. They will do all they can to put you at ease.

missyB1 Thu 21-May-20 18:52:45

Thanks yes definitely going to take some painkillers before I go!

clopper Thu 21-May-20 19:09:44

I had one a few weeks ago. I also struggle with smear tests. It was painful I can’t lie but it was very very quick and worth it for piece of mind. I wish I had taken some paracetamol first but I didn’t know they were going to to it straight away.

missyB1 Thu 21-May-20 19:32:23

Yeah doesn’t sound like much fun, I just hope I can actually bear it and get it done.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in