Thrush twice in a month!

(3 Posts)
DA1115 Wed 25-Sep-19 17:39:53

Hi all, in my teens I used to suffer quite badly from Thrush (say age 17-19 years) over and over again. I was constantly treating it and going to the doctors but no explanation.. even when I had my first child (at 20) I was still suffering then it stopped!!

I haven’t had it in the best part of 7 or 8 years. I only know this because me and OH have been together for 7 years this week and cannot re-call having it since being with him. Been pretty healthy down there.

But now.. twice in one month. I’m in agony. How did I ever manage this when I was younger? I’ve treated with Canestan for the second time and seems much better already but why the random bout now? Is it worth a trip to the docs to rule anything out?

Ways on how to prevent it happening in the future too would be appreciated too.

Tia 😦

OP’s posts: |
DA1115 Wed 25-Sep-19 17:41:18

Also, Oh has no symptoms so don’t think he passed it back to me. There’s not a chance we were having sex during this🔥

OP’s posts: |
kellyw1989 Thu 26-Sep-19 05:24:55

I used to get regular thrush, I visited the nurse at my gp. We covered lots of different angles and one thing I changed was underwear type. I used to wear thongs 5-6 days a week I started wearing more keys say granny pants and not suffered since

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in