Talk

Advanced search

Janeite! Max Tivoli.....

(9 Posts)
Flamesparrow Mon 10-Aug-09 20:44:49

Have finished

Did not expect to end up sobbing blush. I really enjoyed it, and I keep telling people about it.

I am moving on to Jane next <nervous>.

Flamesparrow Tue 11-Aug-09 19:11:09

bump

EachPeachPearMum Tue 11-Aug-09 22:14:00

She is on holiday Flame!

Flamesparrow Tue 11-Aug-09 23:00:56

Well that's just plain rude! She should be here when I want her to be.

EachPeachPearMum Tue 11-Aug-09 23:19:03

Yeah... I miss her too smile

janeite Fri 21-Aug-09 15:17:00

Ooh how lovely! Am back btw - got back v early this morning and am sooooooooo tired. Had a lovely time.

Glad you enjoyed Max - I thought it was gorgeous, really well written and such an interesting character.

Now - have you started Persuasion yet?

I read loads on holiday but most of it wasn't much cop.

I liked the Swedish vampires (Let The Right One In) and LOVED The Moonstone. Couldn't get into The Woman In White but I think that was because it was too big to hold comfortably on a towel.

I read A Widow For A Year, which disappointed me. Tom Bedlam was okay. Read a dreadful James Herbert and a dreadful Elizabeth George, both of which I picked up at the apartments. Forget what else at the mo.

NorksNappiesAndNowtElse Fri 21-Aug-09 18:08:01

blush No I haven't. I picked it up... then got distracted by something shiny. I will start again!!!

Haven't read the rest of your reply properly - dinner alarm going off for veg.

NorksNappiesAndNowtElse Fri 21-Aug-09 18:17:15

Right, am back.

Swedish vampires sounds intriguing!!! I'm on a Christopher Brookmyre one, I fancied a funny one.

What's The Moonstone about then? I seem to recall my sister has Woman In White for me to try at some random point in the future.

I want a nice holiday where I can just reeeeeeeeeeeeeeead. My honeymoon was amazing for that (benefits of marrying a man who reads wink - we sat on sunbeds and ignored each other for books for most of it!)

janeite Fri 21-Aug-09 18:23:13

Yes - we ignored both each other and the children for much of each day: was fab!

Yes, I think you'd like the vampire one. Dp and I both enjoyed it, although I was a bit disappointed by the ending. The Moonstone is about a stolen Indian diamond and was great fun - multi narrators, my favourite being the butler; love and hate; everybody suspected; death and betrayal etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now