Talk

Advanced search

Good website to discuss books with other people?

(14 Posts)
lljkk Wed 08-Jul-09 18:31:34

Which website devoted to discussing books (like BookTalk) is the busiest/best to join? Any recommendations? I want a website where I can type in the name/author and get to see a thread (hopefully) where lots of people over time have added their thoughts and comments. Both Fiction and non-fiction.

HolyGuacamole Wed 08-Jul-09 21:01:00

Bump

BUMPing as would be interested in this myself!

londonartemis Thu 09-Jul-09 12:59:58

Yes - bumping too..BTW If you google the title and the word reviews a lot of interesting websites come up, including Amazon. But these are reviews and not discussion sites. Would be interested if good discussion sites come up too.

lljkk Thu 09-Jul-09 13:33:48

Ooh! neat that others are interested.
I haven't registered for BookTalk, so am not sure what their fora are like...

HuffwardlyRudge Fri 10-Jul-09 18:26:20

I'd like something like this too.

infin Sat 11-Jul-09 13:02:08

Have a look at shelfari
There are lots of active discussions and you can have fun playing around with your own bookshelf. Social networking for the bookish!

HuffwardlyRudge Sat 11-Jul-09 18:43:33

I've been having a look at Booktalk. It seems a really well put together site, but the forums aren't massively busy.

Also, why is there a special 'women's fiction' subsection in general fiction?

TwoHot Sat 11-Jul-09 20:49:35

I have just spent several hours hooked on shelfari!

lljkk Tue 11-Aug-09 16:19:55

Oooh!!! Ta so much, I have joined Shelfari.

infin Tue 11-Aug-09 17:03:16

Shelfari's great isn't it! All the books you take resentfully to the charity shop remain on your Shelfari shelf!!

LightShinesInTheDarkness Tue 11-Aug-09 22:48:45

Thanks for the tip - Shelfari is fab!

CoteDAzur Sat 15-Aug-09 21:57:30

I just looked through shelfari and imho, Visual Bookshelf on Facebook is just as good if not better. Definitely easier to navigate.

lovechoc Sat 19-Sep-09 21:08:12

OMG I'm addicted to Shelfari! Book heaven!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now