Advanced search

Searching for a bookcase

(8 Posts)
Blobbyweeble Tue 03-Apr-18 14:57:32

I'm looking for a specific type of bookcase but don't know what its called. It looks like a wooden version of one of those trollies that delivery people use to transport boxes but without wheels and you pile books on it. It's freestanding and just keeps the pile of books off the floor. i want to use it for my piles of hard backed library books.
Any ideas anyone?

OP’s posts: |
endehors Wed 04-Apr-18 21:31:08

You don't mean something like a kinder box do you? You can also get revolving wooden bookstands.

Blobbyweeble Thu 05-Apr-18 06:33:29

Thank you but no, its more like a ladder bookcase but you just pile the books on it and it doesn't have to lean on a wall. We stayed in an apartment in Melbourne last year that had one and I've wanted one ever since. I'll try and do a diagram of it , my art isn't good enough for a drawing. smile

OP’s posts: |
ThomasHardyPerennial Fri 20-Apr-18 07:24:56

Maybe a v shelf bookcase? If you google search, there are lots of photos of antique and new styles.

purplegreen99 Sat 28-Apr-18 20:52:34

Something like this?
I have a similar one which I think is called a book spine but I can't find it on sale in the UK (a few US websites have it, but I got it from UK ebay ages ago).

AllyMcBeagle Sat 05-May-18 01:28:42

Do you mean something like this?
(But presumably you'd want a cheaper one as that is very expensive!)

purplegreen99 Sat 05-May-18 15:21:42

How about this?

DandelionAndBedrock Sat 05-May-18 15:39:24

We have this from John Lewis, any good? The little lip at the back stops books falling off at the back.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in