Talk

Advanced search

13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl - Mona Awad - anyone read?

(3 Posts)
NotOneThingButAnother Sun 30-Apr-17 12:14:10

Read this recently and I cannot understand the ending - hate it when that happens. Has anyone read and can discuss?

BeeThirtythree Wed 10-May-17 00:26:09

I try to give all books a chance...some I go back to again and again, this one was just a difficult read...I did manage to get to the ending but suppose I am as baffled as you. I did not enjoy this book...at all!

Was it just the ending? Your feelings on the rest of the book/expectations from author?

StaplesCorner Mon 15-May-17 23:53:44

Hello Bee I didn't see you there!

I thought the book captured a lot of the mundane misery of being fat really well; the author told a good story. But I didn't know where on earth she was going with the ending. I've hidden the book now! I didn't want teenage DDs to come across it as its a bit dark and the protagonist has little self respect, so I can't even quote it to you - it was something about knowing she could change everything. But she'd seemed at the mercy of the fates, as if she felt powerless to change anything but rather had to just go along with everything.

No you're right, it wasn't enjoyable at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now